Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree stands on Public land

Old 12-14-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Tree stands on Public land

Opinion time....So what do you guys think about a tree stand bulit on Public land ? Whoever gets there first gets the stand ? My dad and I debated this while walking thru the woods yesterday... and these would be permanent stands.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree stands on Public land

Here in Florida it is illegal to build a permanent stand on state land. If you get caught in one, wether you built it or not, you can get cited by the game warden, usually involves a hefty fine.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not legal here in MI.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Not legal here in Iowa either. I can't imagine any
state allowing the building of permanent stands
on public ground.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

not legal anywhere i think....don't do it, or call your local game dept...............bob
Old 12-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Permanent stands are also illegal on public land here in Virginia. I prefer portable stands anyway because of their increased mobility.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Minnesota they recently outlawed it. People were using ATV's to bring in there wood and building elaborate stands. In the past you could build a simple platform and it was first come first serve.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

SLUGMAN,
I SEE YOUR FROM NJ, SO AM I. IF YOU COME TO OR BUILD A STAND ON ANY PUBLIC GROUNDS IN NJ YOU WILL BE BREAKING THE LAW. IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE WALKING AROUND THE WOODS, COME TO A TREESTAND THATS BUILT, AND START HUNTING FROM IT, AND A GAME WARDEN, OR ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (me included) YOU CAN BE FINED. NJ PLAYS NO GAMES. MATTER OF FACT, ON OPENING DAY OF THE 6 DAY SHOTGUN DEER SEASON, MY FRIEND SEAN TOOK A 6 POINTER, I WAS AT MY TRUCK JUST AT DARK AND LOADING MY GEAR ONTO MY TRUCK, SEAN WAS AT THE EDGE OF THE ROAD, WITH HIS DEER, 2 GAME WARDENS PULLED UP, CHECKED THE DEER, THEN ASKED FOR HIS "NJ PURCHASE PERMIT" HE HAS ONE, BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE IT ON HIM, WELL IN NJ THATS A 3rd DEGREE CRIME. I RAN OVER SHOWED THE OFFICERS MY ID, AND WITH ME BEING A COP, THEY LET HIM GO. WHAT I'M SAYING IS READ THE LAWS OF THIS STATE, THEY ARE TOUGH!!
Old 12-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

bow hunter cop: whats a "NJ PURCHASE PERMIT"????? definitely illegal in NJ to hunt outta a permanent stand here in NJ on public land.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:49 AM

while hunting this week I saw at least 10 permanent stands in the woods in south jersey .....if they are not allowed why doesnt the state take them down ?

Quick Reply: Tree stands on Public land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.