Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Poll on hunting in high fences. >

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

No I prefer to hunt animal without a fence. Hunting is a personal choice and to me more than the harvest but the experience, fun, relaxation, work, preperation, not knowing what is out there or around the bend, basically can be summed up to "the journey" to get to the harvest is what makes hunting such a great sport.

editted the post b/c I read others comments and agree that it could be viewed as bashing. It was not my intent, I included some comments to say if your happy that is all that is important but then contradicted myself in the next sentence, I appologize if it offended anyone.[:'(]
Old 12-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one question for the fence hunters. If it's the same and can be considered fair chase then why the fence? Must be some reason for it.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:21 PM

i went to a fenced in hunt for wild (oxymoron) boar , i wouldnt shoot it was one of the most disgusting upseting thing ive ever seen! they should be out lawed!
Old 12-11-2003, 05:31 PM

Not going to come down on one side or another of this argument, but I wanted to show NYB... read the posts.

We are talking about miles to range and these guys feed a very expensive protein feed while bucks are in velvet. I dont blame them for high fencing because if he was to cross the fence and was a 140 class deer then you know what will happen.
Basically, if you allow the deer to go to a place where there are public land hunters, your management practices go for nothing.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

not for me.....a trophy dont mean enough to me for me to do something like that....to me its almost like a way of cheating...or having an advantage over others.....the deer
CANT escape you....they have nowhere to run......you get enough man power and drive you can whipe out ever single deer there becaause they cant get away.....even if its 1000000 acres.....its just not my cup of tea....if i got a 120class deer and you shot a 170 class but mine was fair chase and yours was in a fence i dont care what you have to say my deers a much better trophy.......yours might be bigger but that doesnt matter in my eyes.........thats just me....if you like that kinda thing.....great.....have fun shopping.......ill be out huntin'................................
Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I WENT TO ONE FOR A RAM DID NOT REALLY ENJOY IT AND WOULD NOT GO BACK FOR DEER ONLY FOR AN EXOTIC
Old 12-11-2003, 06:50 PM

Strictly fair chase for me.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Basically, if you allow the deer to go to a place where there are public land hunters, your management practices go for nothing.
But there's lots of hiding places within the fence so they don't need to. That's my point exactly. They may indeed go to the neighbors. But not with a fence. They don't have a choice. Manage them?? that's not managing them. That's putting them in a cage to grow up. Anyway to each thier own and if it's what you do and you enjoy it and it's legal then by all means have a grand ole time. I'll stick to hunting!!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:29 PM

NEVER hunting fenced in areas, ever! why would i, got 350 acres of freeranging here that costs me 20 bux for licence.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:35 PM

I ditto Trophyhuntr's first post!!!

RA

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.