Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

go figure

Old 12-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default go figure

Well I didnt feel like climbing in my stand so I just hide by a fallen down tree by my stand. I had four deer come right behind me about 75 yards. I didnt have a good shot at one. To thick in trees and brush. I saw one was a buck but was only a four pointer I decided not to tak him. They came back around and walked right by my stand. I still couldnt get a shot plus it was getting to dark. Now I wish I had decided to sit in the stand.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:30 PM

Default RE: go figure

lol deerhunter, by the sounds of your posts youve spent a lot of hours in the stand. Wait it out, what goes around comes around. If you do get a deer, it will be that much sweeter. If not, you still spent your time wisely, and will look back on the season and cherish it.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:46 PM

Well I didnt feel like climbing in my stand so I just hide by a fallen down tree by my stand.
If you weren't going to climb in your stand than you should have stayed away from it all together, so as to not stink up the area. Now you might have ruined it for future hunts.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you weren't going to climb in your stand than you should have stayed away from it all together,
Why he saw deer and almost got one, it's not like he took a dump under it. If I took that advice I wouldn't have killed the biggest deer of my life a few years ago.

BTW, Our gun season ends Tuesday.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:41 PM

that happens to us all ; wishing we had did it different.just mark it up to another day in the woods and go on from there.
Maybe next time.just hang in there.