Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how much do you spend a year on hunting gear >

how much do you spend a year on hunting gear

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how much do you spend a year on hunting gear

Old 12-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: how much do you spend a year on hunting gear

Including license, tags, and bullets, probably right around $300.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

As my wife would say, WAY TOO MUCH! I'm not sure of an average per year, but I spent over $1000 this year! That's a new bow, camo, etc..... []
Old 12-05-2003, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Enough so that I cannot afford to eat venison if you calculated the per pound cost of it, Lobster and Filet Mignon would be cheaper! I'd be better off financially if I gave it to charity and took the tax deduction. That's the reason I don't keep track of what I spend on hunting and shooting licenses, supplies and clothing. Between my wife and I it would be a bunch. The hours and days spent in the woods make it more than a bargain as far as I am concerned.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ausie stole my thunder. []

I would be somewhat scared to actually tally the total up. My Cabelas Visa has a yearly itemized statement that I receive each January. I will let you know then.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:23 AM

It varies from year to year. Usually between $100 and $200 between liscenses, bullets, scent, new toys, camo, boots, you name it....OK, maybe a little more.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:39 AM

Well over a $1000 this year, new camo, boots, socks, undies etc. etc.....hope the wife never finds out.. [].....normally about 1 - 2 hundred a year......Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 12-05-2003, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Actually I was really scared to think about that... But now that I have I am interested... And I think I have a problem...[] This year, I have bought all kinds of stuff, and when I see something new out for some reason I have to have it... I'd have to say closing in on $2K pretty quick just in new stuff... Not counting my trip to Canada at another $2K... But Dang I am having a good time...
Old 12-05-2003, 06:00 AM

if you have it , its never too much to spend on something you love to do.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

This year has been a high dollar year for me. I think I've put in between $3000 and $3500 with memberships and equipment for me and my sons. But we have shot six deer (about 350 lbs of meat). I down to $10 per pound. But the enjoyment...priceless!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well this year has been the cheapest one so far, I have spent maybe $200, last year I got a new bow and a smokepole, we will not even estimate it here because my twins get on here sometimes and they may tell the better half!

Quick Reply: how much do you spend a year on hunting gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.