Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos Can call?

Old 12-04-2003, 08:26 AM

Default Primos Can call?

The other day I was watching a show where a guy used the Primos Can call estrus bleat I believe and had success with it. Has any of you heard or tried the Can in the field and had luck?
Old 12-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Can call?

I have been using the doe in heat bleat can this year with no luck at all yet. Used it pre and peak rut. I watched a doe while hitting the can, and it didn't bother her in the least, so it doesn't spook deer, just hasn't drawn in a buck for me yet.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:04 AM

I had a big spike walk near my tree stand a few days ago and I thought I would try out the Primos can I have which is the doe in heat bleat. Plus I do have some doe in heat scent around. We can't shoot the spikes in PA.

Nothing happened...the spike did stop and look up towards me, but he never changed directions and walk towards me. If you wanted to stop a doe/buck while walking by, that will work but on this spike, nothing happened, he stopped to look but nothing else.

Maybe if he saw a doe that would have changed his mind. I don't know....
Old 12-04-2003, 09:10 AM

I purchased the do in heat, tried but to no avail, in the morning. later same day shot my buck, but havnt had any success with can, me season ended to early.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

No luck with it after 2 years of trying , had better luck with grunters .
Old 12-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I've used the can for 2 yrs now while bowhunting. I've called in numerous deer this year. I've had better luck when I can see the deer, but it is out of range. In my experience, it works better on young deer.

P.S. This was discussed on the bowhunting forum a while back. It has not been proven that deer make an 'estrous bleat.' The sound from The Can actually mimics a social bleat made by both bucks and does. Therefore, you can use The Can all season.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Worked great for me, it was just that darn sappling that blew the shot [:'(]. It changed the bucks direction right to me.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:31 PM

I use the can all season long and call everything in from does to bucks.. Mostly i call in does with it though.[8D]
Old 12-04-2003, 05:31 PM

It hasn't worked for me. Nothing came when I used it trying to call something in. Then when a buck was spotted at a distance I would use it and just about every time they would keep on walking like they didn't hear a thing. Perhaps the deer here are used to hearing it from other hunters.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:35 PM

How many times are you turning it over a calling. Have you ever tried blow into it with your mouth over the small hole it has a totaly different sound to it.

Quick Reply: Primos Can call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.