Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Camp Pictures!

Old 12-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Camp Pictures!

Alright lets see um! Anything you call camp is fine. No matter if its a volkswagon beatle or a five bedroom lodge. Own, rent, or borrow the theme here is deer camp is what you make it. Now give them pictures up. Lets this years deer harvests from your camp and tell us briefly about your season.

THe first picture is of my CAmper and some of the guys we hunt with. THe older guy is My father in law's friend and the rest are highschool buddies. I Bought the camper ( Mobile Deer Camp) for 900 dollars. Through a month of labor and some pretty hefty scrounging i pieced it together and we were off. days on top of Italy Hill in the NY Finger Lakes region For some bowhunting and then the shotgun opener. We ended up with a 6 point with one antler broke off and the doe i harvested.

AS many NY's know opening day was so foggy you couldn't really get a shot off unless the deer was within 25yds. I didnt really feel safe shooting so i passed up three doe the first day. I had no idea what was behind them. It turned out to be a poor year in terms of the harvest. Between 9 guys we got a 9 point, the broken tine 6 point, and a doe.

The second picture is my doe with my father in law and I.

Old 12-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Camp Pictures!

tease. Until then, Ill just use my imagination.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:22 AM

This is the Camp my family has used for the last 40-50years. She's rough but we call it home. This is from this year I'll post one thats from the summer and a bit shows a bit more.

Crawdaddy

Old 12-04-2003, 10:25 AM

I said she was rough but she keeps us dry and warm and what more can you ask. This is from the summer before a weekend of fishing. I tried to put both in one but it wouldn't up load the 2nd file.

Crawdaddy

Old 12-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time!

Bob
Old 12-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Matriarch Doe!

This is my deer camp. It's an old camp trailer with no heat or electricity, but I love it. I haul it up into the Cascades every year for a couple weeks---the first week for elk hunting and the second week for deer. I hunt alone, but my husband usually tries to make it up there on the weekends.

This is the forked-horn blacktail I got this year.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is where 9 of us "rough" it for about a week....4 bedrooms, 4 baths, huge kitchen and living room with a gas fireplace, all the amenities of home...and all for about $140 for the whole week per man. In my old age, this is roughing it, LOL

Old 12-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

you dink!!lol
Old 12-04-2003, 04:51 PM

crawdaddy,

that first pic looks kinda creepy! almost ike a crime scene waiting to happen!
Old 12-04-2003, 05:10 PM

lol our antelope camp consited of a enclosed trailer and sleeping bags, and of course i forgot the wind up alarm clock

Quick Reply: Deer Camp Pictures!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.