Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

MY 2003 BUCK

Old 12-02-2003, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default MY 2003 BUCK

FINALLY HELD OUT FOR A BIGGER DEER. TOOK HIM ON NOV 26 AT 3:05 PM

The Story goes like this
I shoot a 30.06 winchester 180 grain pointed soft point

Taz as for the weight dressed out somewhere around 220 pounds As I couldn't handle him by my self

On nov 26 3 pm got got to my ground blind. a little late from when i like to get there as I dropped my son of at the better blind (more activity where he was. I sat down and sprayed my hanging wicks (asswipe paper) with doe pee. I had just placed my rifle down against the small pine tree next to where I sit. I was facing up the field where the deer collect prior to coming into the fields. When I got this feeling I was being watched??........out of the coner of my eye I could see a buck through the tree 75 feet into the field on my right looking at me. I sat as still as possible, as he stompped he feet!! as I slowly grabbed my rifle and went to raise it he took off across the field like a bolt of lightning. I got a real good side view of him as he was only 200 feet away from me on a full run. I knew in an he was a shooter!.As I yelled HEY!!!!! HEY!!!!!!! to get him to stop and look back. At the tree line some 280-300 yards away he slowed to a gait and stopped for a split second just before he headed into the bush. I placed my gun at the lungs as my gun rested on a make shift shooting stick and pulled the pin. I did not see him lurch or jump. I figured I shot over or under him. I walked up to where I figured he was when I shot him (paced it off at 330 yards).

I found only 2 tuffs of hair and NO blood. I searched the area heavyly til dark. No blood and no more hair. I followed the tracks into the bush somee 100 feet and made smaller horse shoes back into the field. Nothing!!!

So I went back the following morning I found him a mere 20 feet off my track under the thickest pile of dead fall. SO I FIGURE HE WAS DEAD EVEN BEFORE I GOT TO WHERE I SHOT HIM BECAUSE HE DIED 15 FEET INSIDE THE TREE LINE.

mY KILL SHOT ENTERD THE TOP PART OF THE LUNG JUST UNDER THE SPINE 4 INCHES FROM WHERE I WAS AIMING.

NOW to make the story intersting. 2 days prior I broke the stock off my rifle. I repaired by gluing the stock back on. As I was using my other 30.06 until the day my son wanted to hunt. I let him use the new gun and I took the repaired gun out. THis deer was a scrapper!!....his left ear was shredded like a grouses tail feathers as well his nose has a big puncture in it.!!So there must be a deer as big or bigger there for me next season.

So the story is long winded but A deer of a life time deserves his story Too.......

So never give up on a downed deer!!
Al

Old 12-02-2003, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MY 2003 BUCK

Congrats on a fine buck, I like the darkness of the antlers, do all the bucks up there have dark antlers?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Some do Taz some are real blonde and some are just huge!!.......

Here is another pic

Old 12-02-2003, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

man he has a lot of mass, what did he dress out at?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:52 AM

super nice buck
Old 12-02-2003, 10:16 AM

Very Nice Buck! Looks cold up there, BBRRRRRR!
Old 12-02-2003, 10:22 AM

awesome deer
Old 12-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a huge buck, congrats!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, what a buck! Look at that rack!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:21 PM

The rack is great, but look at the size of that neck? What did it weigh?

Quick Reply: MY 2003 BUCK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.