Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

eastwood scores!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 07:30 PM

Default eastwood scores!!!

man, what a frikin day. left the house at 4:30am, on the way to my spot i saw a few doe in the road, as i was pulling into my space, i saw about 10 doe cross the road and go into the woods where i hunt. im thinking, maybe ill actually get a doe today. welp, 11:00am rolls around and i havnt seen or heard a frikin thing. im tired cold and hungry, the wind was blowing and my legs were aching. so i decided to go out and regroup, get some food, drive around a little, see how many hunters where in the area, then come back and maybe sit in a different spot, maybe scout a littel for tomorrow morning. i walk up a hill and see a nice cozy spot not to far from my jeep, i figure ill sit there until dark or until it gets so windy, the danger of falling trees force me out of the woods. i sit down about 12pm, i do some day dreaming, drink some water, look around in my binoculars. nothing, not even a squirrel. about 1:30 i see a tail swing, i say to myself, " uh oh, a deer. i look through my scope and can see its has horns, it gets closer and i see it has a alot of horns, then i start shaking. it kinda sneaks down in front of me about 60 or 70 yards away and i fire, i see it do the typical " just got hit with a bullet" run and i start to chamber another round, before i can get the bolt closed, the deer drops! BAM! WHOS YOUR DADDY! i walk over to it and look at it... its the same deer i missed twice during archery season, but when i saw it during archery season i thought it was an 8pnt, 8 pnt being the biggest deer i have ever seen, much less get a shot at. well boy was i wrong, it was a 12pnt! i almost fell over, thank god i unloaded my rifle! took my about 2hours to drag it out about 150 yards..... DOWN HILL!. man, i am so pumped! things like this just dont happen to me very often. man, im just speechless right now. so i took some pics, sorry the are so awful, i was alone so i couldnt get a good pose, ill get a few when i get the cape back and post some more. the deer is in the back of my jeep wrangler, so if you could imagne the back of a wranlger. its tail end was curled up over the wheel well just like the head, it was a pretty big deer!

also, the tine on its left hand side is chipped off, but if you look close enough, you can clearly see the 12 points.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: eastwood scores!!!

Congrats! Nothing like being in the right place at the right time!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Congratulations, eastwood! Very nice!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer
Old 12-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:10 PM

congrats buddy on the kill.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-01-2003, 09:15 PM

congrats on the nice buck
Old 12-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Job! Good Luck on the next one!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-01-2003, 09:59 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

WAY DAMN COOOL. That' s one hell of a deer.

Quick Reply: eastwood scores!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.