Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A real Beauty for Larcarmon

Old 11-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A real Beauty for Larcarmon

These pics are for larcarmon he will supply the story sure is a great deer Congrats

Larcarmon the last pic was too dark even after I worked on it I hope this is alright
Old 11-30-2003, 11:30 AM

Default RE: A real Beauty for Larcarmon

Great buck, congrats. Gonna mount him??
Old 11-30-2003, 01:34 PM

thats a dandy buck there, congrats
Old 11-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Excellent! Congratulations!
Old 11-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats, wheres the story???
Old 11-30-2003, 04:30 PM

Very nice, congrats! Killed in W. Va?
Old 11-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a WV deer I dont think I just posted it for him and he is to add story
Old 11-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Spike

First I would like to thank Royak for posting the pictures for me. This buck was shot November 29 in Taylor county Wisconsin. The pictures don' t show the it but there are two points sticking straight forward from the bases. It is a 14 point,field dressed at 182 pounds. Ok here the story......this buck was spotted about 6 years ago during bow season by one of the nieghbors he was huge then. Later that year during rifle season he was seen a couple of times and then just disappeared. As the years went by he was hunted with bow and rifle and eluded everyone. Early in the fall I spotted him in the corn field and could count 12 points, later in the fall he was spotted in my sisters yard eating apples. Bow season this year no one had seen him, the first day of rifle season he was seen by the nieghbors high tailing out out of the country. For 7 days no one had seen him our hunting crew had dissolve to just me and my brother. My brother called and asked if I wanted to go out hunting for a little while, I said sure it was in the low 30' s and the wind was blowing 20 mph. My brother said he would walk through this patch of red willows that covers about 2 acres and for me to sit and watch and when he go through to go up to the next fence line. No deer came out of the red wllows so I got in the truck and headed to the next fence and he would walk through the creek bottom, the creek bottom is 100ft wide and 1/8 mile long. I got out of the truck loaded the rifle and proceeded to watch, I could see my brother walking through the brush and I kept watching the other side because the deer always seem to like to go that way, but we took a chance with the wind blowing the way it was that they come my direction. About half way through the creek bottom I saw a deer jump out onto the field about 100 yards away, I pulled up and put the scope on it and saw antlers!!! I never saw how big it was. I tripped of a shot and he did a belly slide and when his head went down to the ground I saw the antlers with the snow behind them and I pretty much went into shock!!!! My brother came out of the woods and saw and said HOLY %^&%^%^&!!!!!! This was my largest buck I have ever shot. The biggest buck I shot before this was a 9 point with an 18 inch spread. Yes this one will be hanging on the wall.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Super SWEET!
Old 11-30-2003, 08:18 PM

Congrats larcarmon. That' s a beautiful deer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.