Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Check out the buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning >

Check out the buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out the buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning

Old 11-28-2003, 11:52 PM

Default Check out the buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning

He was killed with a gun so I hope the mods don' t mind me putting it here too. I know more people in the bow room

I have had the worst year EVER!!!!!!! Nothing but wind and rain during bow and nothing but orange and idiots on ATV' s in gun.

I was walking along a goldenrod field Thanksgiving morning at 8:30 am when this boy caught my eye moving through the filed coming right at me but 30 yards to my left. He got even with me and I stopped him with a MEEEEEEEAAAAAA grunt and shot. He hopped away tail up as if he didn' t have a care in the world. I was instantly heart broken at the thought of having to play that miss in my head for the next 50 years.........I regrouped myself and went over to where he was..........my eyes and spirits brightened as I saw blood that a blind man could follow...........3-4 feet wide curling through the field. I followed the red brick road knowing he was double lunged but shocked at how far he ran. Finally after 90 yards and seemingly gallons and gallons of blood he was laying in the field edge. What a tough deer man.

You guys have to understand something. Deer like this are urban legends where I hunt. They are ghosts and figments of imaginations. They don' t exist. An old timer we know said this deer is the best he has ever seen come off those woods in 46 years. I had a crowd of hunters with open mouths around me before I could leave. Our friend said his cousin called from the cabin today and said everyone he sees asks him about the deer I killed. It' s hard to explain but let me say this.........I feel like I won the lottery.

Best of all is that I grabbed my dad' s gun on the way out of the house in the hopes that some of the magic would rub off on me. When I showed my dad what was in the truck and what I killed it with I could see by the look on his face that told me how extra special that made it for him. I am sure he feels like he was there with me helping me keep my hand steady and my aim true.........just like he always has.

What a great day to give thanks for

Here he is........13 points and 200+lbs Anyone know what he will score around?

Old 11-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check out the buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning

Don`t know what he`ll score, but he sure is a dandy!

Congrats! And how cool is that.....getting him with your dads gun![8D]
Old 11-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Thats a really nice one you got there! Congrats! I don' t want to be the first to tell you this.... but someone cut off your head in the picture! []
Old 11-29-2003, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice one!!!!!![:-]
Old 11-29-2003, 04:08 AM

I don' t know what he scores,but he is a fine buck no matter what you took him with.[:-]
Old 11-29-2003, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gross 135-140, Nice Buck. Congrats!
Old 11-29-2003, 05:26 AM

Congratulations buddy...I' m no expert, but I think you are looking at 105 to 110...Nice buck! Jim
Old 11-29-2003, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

great looking buck. congrats
Old 11-29-2003, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like he will gross in the 140s but also looks like some deductions Great job
Old 11-29-2003, 07:26 AM

Nice buck. Score, I' d agree around 110-115, but who cares you are the one would got the Big Boy in the area. That means a heck of a lot more than shooting a high scoring buck anyday. Congradulations.

Quick Reply: Check out the buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.