Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got two nice Does on Monday!

Old 11-25-2003, 06:59 PM

Default Got two nice Does on Monday!

last weekend was the opener for the WI gun season and to say the least our camp had a successful opening weekend. we got a 9 pointer, a 4 pointer and a 7 pointer along with the two does i took on monday afternoon.
I got to my stand around noon and sat for 3 hours without seeing anything. then around 3:15 i see a small deer off in the distance and get ready to shoot any larger deer following it. after a while there are 5 does some big some small eating on a recently windfallen cedar tree. i had to take my gloves off to get a good shot, and the deer were staying behind the tree, so i had to wait for like 15 minutes for them to walk out. finally one nice doe walked out and started towardes me. i shot her right in the chest as she was facing me and she dropped in her tracks. two of the other deer took off and two stuck around wondering what happened. i called my dad on the radio and asked him if he wanted me to shoot one of the other deer too and he said go ahead. i got ready to shoot and " click" i thought oh crap. i tried again and " click" i didn' t have the action closed all the way after reloading the shell after shooting the first time. then i closed the action on my remington model 7600 .30-06 and still the deer didnt quite see me. i waited for the bigger of the two does to give me an open shot and when she was quatering away i grunted with my deer call and she stopped, looked around, and then i shot her. i hit her right behind the shoulder and got a nice lung shot on her. she only ran about 20 yards and i had no trouble tracking her. both were adult does and are gonna be good hambuger and jerky. this is my first time shooting multiple deer within 10 minutes. sorry was so long im still pretty excited. i will post a pic later when we get the film back.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got two nice Does on Monday!

Cool! Good Job!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

congrats. Well done. enjoy the jerky!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats, I have never killed 2 in a day yet, when it used to be illegal to kill more than one a day I had plenty of opportunities, but only one since then and I was bow hunting and the second one busted me.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats GB.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:24 PM

Congrats on your double day-