Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I' ve never seen so many deer... >

I' ve never seen so many deer...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I' ve never seen so many deer...

Old 11-24-2003, 12:04 PM

Default I' ve never seen so many deer...

does that is!

I just got back from a rifle hunt in Catskill NY and the deer were like squirrels but like 90+% were does! Any buck seen or any of the " racks" , think spike bucks, I saw on the walls of the hunting camp were 1 1/2 year old bucks at best.

NY really needs to rethink their deer " managment" although I believe mismanagement is more accurate. This area was badly in need of a earn a buck or similiar program so the darn things can live to see 2 years of age!

The overwhelming doe numbers really need to be thinned out too.

It is great to see deer while hunting but it really bothered me to see such horribly manage herds.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:31 PM

Default RE: I' ve never seen so many deer...

Well oklahoma, is covered in deer...two full weeks of gun season..some parts of the state allow 6 days of doe hunting (weekends) along with several counties able to hunt bucks & doe' s both weeks. We also have a special youth hunt before black powder, 3 days, doe' s only..... We are really lucky here in oklahoma, I think bow hunting is open until jan 21 or there abouts..The state of oklahoma is trying to decrease the herd numbers before they get out of hand....yes it would be nice if they would decrease the numbers of doe' s per buck, thats kinda like saving money,,,is anyone really willing to sacraface now for later.....Can you shoot does on certain dates where your at?????