Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Indiana Hunters having any luck??? >

Indiana Hunters having any luck???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Indiana Hunters having any luck???

Old 11-24-2003, 10:36 AM

Default Indiana Hunters having any luck???

I was just wondering if any other Indiana hunters are glad to see the cold weather finally get here? I have been out a few times and haven' t seen one deer and I ALWAYS see deer out of my stand. I plan on going out this evening after work and hopefully they will be moving. Let me know how you guys are doing.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters having any luck???

cleetus, i took a real nice 8-pointer with my bow november 8th. this cold weather feels great.......deer should be moving when the winds lays down, good luck !!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 10:51 AM

Congrats on the 8-point.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:57 AM

I have not had ANY luck this year!!! My brother-in-law has killed 3 this year (2 does and a nice buck), but not me!!! I had a REAL nice buck come right under my stand....broadside at 10 yards....one problem....MY BOW WAS ON THE GROUND!!! Yep, I wa in my tree all of 30 seconds when a nice 10-12pt. came strollong in. Since my bow was attached to the hoist string, all I could do was so HOLY $H!T!! I hope to fill my tag this long Thanksgiving weekend.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:02 AM

I hear you!! I plan on hunting every evening this week and Thur, Fri and Saturday mornings.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:07 AM

I went out this past Sat. and Sun. mornings and didn' t see squat!!! I sure hope they start moving again with this cold weather!!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 02:08 PM

The weather and winds have been crappy for Indiana hunters. We' ve just seen a couple same bucks on our land. Just a nice spike that we' re just letting go, and a 4 pointer that we' re letting go as well. They' ll be nice in a year or so. I had a really nice at least 8 pointer in front of me and I couldn' t take him, because i' m waiting on the bigger that we' re seeing. Just a couple scrapes and rubs. A lot of does. I stuck a doe in bow season but it was a bad shot in the wind and i got her on the back hip and she got away. There in the corn fields. That' s what we' re seeing, but we haven' t heard much gun shots.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 AM

Shot an 8-pointer with my bow opening day and missed another buck at a reduction hunt my first time hunting with a slug gun. BSUHunter as in Ball State University? BSU 1996-2000 Here