Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got a buck!!

Old 11-23-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Got a buck!!

Sorry I don' t respond or write 2 much guys, but I wanted 2 share this w/ u! Well, I shot a nice buck this weekend for the ohio youth gun season...but I feel bad... kuz it took 2 shots 2 bring him down, even though they were both w/in seconds of eachother, the 1st one went in the spine because I jerked my gun at the last moment and he ran in front of me and I whistled and stopped him and let him have it where the bullet should go. Needless to say he piled up 20 yds. from where I shot him the 2nd time. Now, even though he' s a beautiful buck, and aged to be 5 1/2 years old (I' ve been after this deer for 3 years), I feel really bad about my shot placement. Please rip on me and tell me wut my problem is...I get the shakes really bad even more when i' m bowhunting and i am really debating on switching 2 a crossbow just because of the fact i shake too much...i don' t shake 2 much gun hunting but i need a good rippin kuz of the bad 1st shot.. so please take it away!!
Old 11-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got a buck!!

Congrats, hoytusa10! Nice job getting a mature buck. How' s his rack? Got any pictures?

I don' t think many people can say they' ve never misplaced a shot. I wouldn' t be too hard on yourself. Just keep doing what you love and keep practicing during the off-season. Again, good job.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:15 PM

Hey thanks aught six, that makes me feel better...he' s got a great rack 8 pts. and the pics will be coming soon!! Thanks aught six!
Old 11-23-2003, 08:17 PM

congrtaulations! hoytusa10
Old 11-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, I' m glad you got a good harvest. And besides, it' s better to make two shots for a kill then to miss outright. Can' t wait to see the pics!
Old 11-23-2003, 08:37 PM

The fact that it took two shots is irrelevant. The point is that it bothered you and that is the mark of a hunter instead of a killer. Congrats on the harvest, you got nothing to be ashamed of ( in fact I think most folks respect your ethics more than your aim anyway!) Hurry up with the pictures! Gary
Old 11-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! [:-][:-]
Old 11-23-2003, 08:43 PM

congrats. on the buck.two shots ain' t all that bad.One is better , but two is OK.[:-]
Old 11-24-2003, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree....it' s nice to see how upset it makes you that it wasn' t a one shot kill. Now you can get over it. I' m sure 100% out of 100% of the people here have misplaced one at one time or another. Great job on a nice buck!!
Old 11-24-2003, 05:40 AM

Nice job. Be proud of yourself and leave it at that. Try for one shot kills but the gun holds three so use them if you have to.

Greg

Quick Reply: Got a buck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.