Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Witnessed a first this evening! >

Witnessed a first this evening!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Witnessed a first this evening!

Old 11-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Witnessed a first this evening!

Many on the board know that I can sit on my couch and watch deer. I have in the six years I have lived on my acreage filmed many awesome bucks...from velvet to hard antler stage, bach group sparring etc.
This evening I saw my first actual fight ever......between an 8pt(nice rack) and an equally nice racked 10. The does scattered and just hung out on the core edges....
My quandry is that the 8pt, nice racked and a big body.....chased the 10 off. The 10 had a larger body mass, and although more points the racks were comparable???

It was just an awesome sight and I wanted to share. Rifle season kicks in Monday AM....... hope that one of the two stays close by....
Old 11-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Witnessed a first this evening!

You should have a nice new " decoration" on the wall come Monday Good Luck!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:04 PM

wow- thats cool, good luk on monday!!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, I' ll bet that really got your heart racing. That' s great you got to see such an exciting event for the first time.

Good luck finding them again!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Truth is guys that my son who will be 5 the end of December ...started yelling " Deer alert, Deer alert!" LMAO......and NO, I did not teach him that either. [8D]
I was in the kitchen fixing dinner for us.....he was in the living room watching out our glass doors that look over the upper fields and mountain behind our house.

I walked in and looked thinking that it would be the many does we usually see....I have seen the 10, some spikes and fork horns this year. However when I went up on the hill yesterday to check tracks, new rubs, new scrapes etc.....Wow!! New rubs everywhere and 3 active scrapes......all can be seen from inside my house. lol But this evening... nope it was two bucks fighting. I have actually never observed it before.....( the serious stuff )...just watched sparring with the batch groups and that is fun to watch. This was really Awesome!!!

Monday very early AM rain or not....and they are saying rain......I will be out!! I just hope that the weather cools like it says it will.....but it was 70 here today and I watched this thing come down. Totally Awesome!!!! Hope to have one of the two by Monday evening........

Thanks for the good luck wishes... If its meant to be, it will be.

Its not what you harvest....
Its what you learn....
Old 11-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yes Christine, I too can relate to that as I live in the middle of a national forest and am surrounded by wildlife, but I haven' t witnessed them fighting yet but I am seeing signs of the rut starting to take place. I don' t hunt the animals in my yard, because I like to think of that as my refridgerater... if need be. Bobby
Old 11-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

I do not hunt them in my yard either, nor over my food plots......I do have 20 acres though that I know they are hanging in for now......
Old 11-23-2003, 12:22 AM

Awesome! What a feeling that must be to get to see something like that. I think I would pay money for it. Did you get a chance to video it?

Good luck come Monday.

Good Hunting
Old 11-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

cool. must have been some sight!
Old 11-23-2003, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of those bucks you have hanging around there will find himself in your sights in the very near future. Let us know which one you get.

Quick Reply: Witnessed a first this evening!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.