Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting?

Old 11-22-2003, 11:24 PM

Default RE: Baiting?

I agree. The deer herds have benifited from baiting in Louisiana.

But what I like most about the responses received so far is that everyone has remained civil about it. Thank you.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:56 PM

I don' t like the prospect of baiting, especially if there are other hunters in the general area. If you start baiting right at the start of season, or even a few weeks in advance, those hunters who dedicate their time to finding a good stand location where the deer are active will be very dissapointed when your bait pile deters the deer from their usual behavior. Not to mention the fact that it is all way too easy. Any numb-skull with a rifle can go out in the middle of " BFE" and shoot a deer over corn. It takes skill and a little know how to actually go out into the woods, find an area the deer are activley using, and harvest and animal.

I like the prospect of FEEDING deer in the off season, throughout winter. This provides the foods that they may not get during the time when the snow is flying and food is hard to come by: however, I find that hunting over a bait pile just isn' t right.

I consider myself a " Master Hunter," I consider those who bait " Master Baiters." [&:]

Added Note: I find it annoying that this issue is being brought up yet AGAIN. If you look back you will find numerous topics on the same issue.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:09 AM
Fork Horn

A pile of corn in snow covered Washington and a pile of corn in La. or most any other southern state is a completely different thing. A pile of corn down here is more of a crow and coon viewing area than it is a good place to kill a deer. You will see far more deer hunting over a scrape than you will a pile of corn.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter
I consider myself a " Master Hunter," I consider those who bait " Master Baiters." [&:]

Added Note: I find it annoying that this issue is being brought up yet AGAIN. If you look back you will find numerous topics on the same issue.
So much for remaining civil.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:18 AM

Bah, it' s all in good fun Hardluck. Hence the " [&:]" If I were going to be rude about things I would be. I just don' t like the idea of baiting is all and have stated it many many times in the same type of topic. If you look back a ways you will find the same sort of thread by a different user.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:29 AM

Agreed. No harm done. I am just thankful that we can have a conversation such as this and not have to worry about it getting out of hand.

As for the earlier posts...to be perfectly honest I am new to this board and I was to lazy to look back.

It is great to have a board like this for people like you and me. We both love to do the same thing we just go about it a different way.

Good luck to you this hunting season and all the ones in the future.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:33 AM

Good to have you with us then! I' m always glad to meet newer members!

Personally my season is over now, I took a fine Doe in Mid-October.

I look forward to seeing you post more!

Old 11-23-2003, 04:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

consider myself a " Master Hunter," I consider those who bait " Master Baiters."
[quote]I am just thankful that we can have a conversation such as this and not have to worry about it getting out of hand. [quote]

Now thats thats what I call a follow up shot.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:47 AM

I' m all for baiting. I put out corn through out the year. It gives the deer something to eat when the acorns are gone and the fields have been plowed. It also helps keep them on our lease as opposed to the land across the road where the dog hunters run. And yes, the deer are getting bigger then they use to be. The best way is through a feeder (as long as it doesn' t get stolen) or by broadcasting it.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:53 PM

i dont like the idea of baiting. i do sit on fields that the deer naturally come to. actualy i sit there with gun only. i guess if u wanna bait go for it. but i will not! during the winter i feed the deer, more for the tired bucks after rut. good luck

Quick Reply: Baiting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.