Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-21-2003, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

I wonder how many deer die each year because they can' t see as well as their peers? Or how many die because they are hearing deficient? Perhaps it should be our duty, as " ethical hunters" , to give vision and hearing screening tests to all deer before each and every hunting season. This will ensure that they are all created equally.
Oh and I don' t know about you, but if a brown deer and a white deer are standing together at 25 yards, as they could have been when this archer killed this deer, I would see each of them with the same clarity. The brown one would have no advantage over the white one.
Pass up the white deer for the sake of fair chase? Believe that killing an albino deer is unethical just because some politicians say so? Give me a break...
Old 11-21-2003, 08:13 PM

ok whats up with the " speed and blending in" ??? I highly think and IM sure many people will side with me on this is.. ears, nose, and eyes have got to be by far the defenses of the whitetail compared to its coat and speed...

IF NOT answer this: Why are we so worried about scent control when we hunt??

Why do we wear camoflauge??

Why do we try to be deathly quiet when hunting???

hell we' ve got to get close to the deer before we can see the " speed and blending in" !!!!

like everyone has already said.. a deer is a deer.. He sure didnt have any problems living as long as he did.. sounds like he did just fine and finally met his match...

Old 11-21-2003, 08:36 PM

I have a saying when it comes to free ranging game. If I don' t shoot it someone else will.

If this Albino was in my cross hairs I would shoot because If I didn' t someone else will. It' s a beutiful animal and will look just as good in my house as it would in wildlife.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

LIGHTEN UP!!! If it is legat to shoot the deer, then shoot it. Also, albino deer are a genecitcal screw up. They do need to be culled from the herd. This deer had NO disadvantage in nature. He has to be at least 4 years old by looking at his rack. Seems to me that he got around pretty good up until the last 20 or so seconds of his life! If you pesonally wouldn' t shoot an albino deer, then don' t do it! It' s bad enough that we have people outside the hunting world critisizing us for killing deer, we don' t need someone from INSIDE the hunting world critisizing us for killing a legal deer!!!
Old 11-21-2003, 09:35 PM

I agree with most on here. IF it were legal I would take an albino in a heartbeat. Unless they changed the law recently though it is ILLEGAL to shoot albinos in Illinois where this nice buck was supposedly taken. Surely they changed the law because surely no one would be stupid enough to allow pictures to be placed on the internet or take it to a taxidermist for mounting if it were illegal.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:12 PM

brucelit
You' re right. I just checked the Illinois Natural Resources web site and the folowing is a cut & paste directly from the site:

White Deer Protected
It is unlawful to take any all-white white-tailed deer at any time

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems...untingInfo.htm

I received this pic in an e-mail from a friend who received it from the shooter with info that it was taken near Nascote, Il. The original photo very clearly shows the hunters face. Is it possible he didn' t know the hunting regs prohibited him from taking a white deer in the area in which he was hunting or is he just stupid. I guess I will let my friend know of this so he can in turn tell the shooter it is an illegal kill.

Charlie brown
Is it Ok for a hunter to criticize another hunter for illegally killing a white deer even if they are a " genecitcal screw up" ? whatever that is? gg.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Although he is a nice buck, regardless of albino or not....I doubt I would have taken the shot. Quite simply out of respect for the animal as he was already by nature easy pickings so to speak.....he did not make it to that size because he was stupid being an albino. I am one that would have allowed him to walk, and been in awe that he had made it that far in his lifetime, and felt privledged to be able to see him...period. I have personally only seen one true albino buck in my lifetime and he was a nice 8.....he walked. Nuff said from this lady.

Old 11-22-2003, 02:49 AM

That " good of the herd" crap gets so old. It' s a deer, thats what you are there to hunt so shoot it. It' s just a deer. I would do the same as the shooter did.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

If being white is such a disadvantage how did he live long enough to get that big? I' d shoot him and be thankful for the opportunity.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago, on a nearby military installation, EVERYONE was trying to take awell-known albino buck that rivalled the one in the picture. He eventually was taken about a year after his prime and everyone congratulated the lucky hunter. I saw the buck while hunting one time and repositioned my stand for the evening hunt. He didn' t show, but a big, normal colored doe and a small, piebald doe showed up together. I shot the big doe purely based on her size. I eventually got a nearly all-white piebald a few years later on a private piece of land where piebalds were virtually unheard of.

BTW--they don' t bring bad luck either--I went on to kill 3 deer in 3 days after getting him!

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.