Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Time for Son

Old 11-20-2003, 09:44 AM

Default First Time for Son

I am a proud father who will be taking his son for the first time to hunt whitetails. He is so excited that he can hardly stand himself. He is only seven. We will be hunting on leased land, he will be setting right by my side and will be covered with hunter orange head to toe. He says that he can' t wait to get up a 4:30 AM and go to the woods. Mostly I just read all the post here and continue to learn from everone; I have been chasing whitetails for over 25 year but I continue to learn from all here. On this occasions I just had to tell all!
Old 11-20-2003, 09:55 AM

Default RE: First Time for Son

Good Luck Story Time.

I hope you get something so you can share that expreience with
him as well. Give the little guy a pat on the back for me!
Old 11-20-2003, 09:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:01 AM

Good luck to you and your son. What type of gun and calibur will he be shooting?? My son is 11 and I took him scouting and he really enjoyed the walk in the woods. I can' t see my son sitting still for so many hours without his Gameboy Advance. I let him shoot the 22 I took with me and he liked it since it has virtually no kick, but a 30-06 is another story.

Tomster
Old 11-20-2003, 10:10 AM

Glad to hear from you on this one. My 6 almost 7 year old got his first Deer/Buck this year during youth weekedn 10 25/26. He did real well. It was a blind hunt and he was patient and remained very focused, unlike his 11 year old brother, so it is not an age thing. He used a Remmington model 7 in a .260 120Gr and made a nice shot at about 70yrds.

Old 11-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

That' s really great to hear, Story Time. I wish you and your son a safe, enjoyable, and productive hunt. I' m sure he' ll remember the experience for the rest of his life.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go get EM
Old 11-20-2003, 10:53 AM

Good luck to you. My 13 yr old took a doe two weeks ago by my side and last year got his first a spike. One thing I have found is that they may be able to sit that long but cant sit still I invested in a doghouse portable blind. Great for kids, he can move some and spooks nothing. It sets up in about 30 sec, I use it even by myself now.
Good hunting.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:07 AM

My best times afield are spent with my son, age 8. Good luck and enjoy every minute of it.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:18 PM

congrats to the both of you on his first deer. memory that youll never fogett--hope theres many more for the both of you. my older son really isnt into hunting but my seven yr old cant wait to go out with dad. nor can i--

Quick Reply: First Time for Son

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.