Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 World record whitetail.  New rumor >

World record whitetail. New rumor

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

World record whitetail. New rumor

Old 11-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default World record whitetail. New rumor

Someone told me that the supposed new world record whitetail is now in the hands of the game and fish. Supposedly the kid confessed that his dad had shot the buck with a rifle the day before he supposedly shot it. Anybody know anything.

Because of the confusion of the big buck in velvet that was first touted as the new world record buck and proved to be not true, I am not sure if this latest rumor referres to the real supposed world record or to that buck.

Hate to pass along rumors, because that is all it is, but maybe someone knows for sure about this?
Old 11-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Spike

Default RE: World record whitetail. New rumor

I' m betting just a rumor
Old 11-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be interested in knowing how this fleshes out. It would tick me off if it is a story made up from someone who is simply jealous of the kid.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:46 PM

i know a 38 pointer was shot in Iowa by a 15 year old, i dunno if thats the story
Old 11-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

There have been all kinds of different rumors about this deer. I' ve seen numerous pictures of a tall racked buck in velvet and a dad and a boy with it. The pic claims to be the new record. But it can' t be becuase it is still in velvet. The record buck everyone is talking about is the Albia buck in Iowa. Nothing has been published about it yet though. Just the game cam photos and sheds of previous years are available. I guess they' re making alot of money selling the story of how it all happened and don' t want anything to leak out till it hits the magazines.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

its going to be in the january 2004 issue of North american whitetail magazine. they have the exclusive along with the pictures of the buck from this year.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a response on another website from a couple of guys who should know that the Iowa DNR was called in as soon as the deer hit the ground and they checked everything out and it was on the up and up. Hope this proves to be true. Sounds like it was just another viscious rumor from some jealous person.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Unbelieveable! Where do these rumors get started??
Almost makes a guy not want to shoot a world
class deer.....

Though I' ve posted this before, here is a link to the facts
on this buck:

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 11-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2003, 06:46 AM

I hope its not a rumor, rumors suk. srry if sounds so bold but, that would be very irratating.

Quick Reply: World record whitetail. New rumor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.