Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you know anyone that hoards deer? >

Do you know anyone that hoards deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you know anyone that hoards deer?

Old 11-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you know anyone that hoards deer?

My brother in law and my nephews.

They got 8 deer between the three of them. He did give his brother two deer but would never give our side of the family any. Two years ago I asked a friend if I could have one of there deer because they have a hard time rationing out there deer. They shoot them then they don' t want them. Well my brother in law hunts with them. So my friend told by b-i-law that I wanted one of the deer. Did I see it? nope. He kept it for his family.

This will be my 3rd year without getting a deer. Holding out for the big one or a doe out in the feild. Luckily another friend offered me a deer. His son got a 12 pointer. He is 16 and lucky. I have yet to get over an 8 pointer mid sized rack.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-19-2003, 10:43 AM

Default RE: Do you know anyone that hoards deer?

we always spread the wealth. no one in our camp goes home empty handed even if we only take one.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:55 AM

Yep, that' s the way our crew hunts too.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Where I hunt you can always get a doe. You might not get a big buck but there are does everywhere. We are lucky and I know it and appreciate it. I got one last week and I am going again tomorrow unless the weather goes to heck on me. We do share our meat if someone wants some and didn' t connect.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:29 PM

I always share my meat. I' m the hunter while my next door neighbor is the butcher. Instead of me bringing my meat to a regular butcher and paying for it to be done, I bring it to him. I give him half the meat and I get the other half. He still hunts but for the last three years, I have been bringing home the deer.

I also share my deer meat with friends.

Tomster
Old 11-19-2003, 12:29 PM

I' ll give away meat to people on occasion but if they want a lot of it they have to pay the meat processing fee.

Jason

Old 11-19-2003, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmine

This will be my 3rd year without getting a deer. Holding out for the big one or a doe out in the feild. Luckily another friend offered me a deer. His son got a 12 pointer. He is 16 and lucky. I have yet to get over an 8 pointer mid sized rack.
Am I missing something - are you holding out for a certain size deer and then upset because someone, who wasn' t even hunting with you, didn' t offer you meat? If you want meat, shoot the first legal deer. Period. If you want the big one, don' t complain about not having meat.

That said, everyone I' ve ever hunted deer with shares across the board - although some want less meat than others, and we usually at least offer more to the guy with the larger family, for instance.

I know a guy who hunts deer and ducks with the same partner every year and they never share. If one is lucky and the other not, oh well, the one doesn' t have any meat, or less meat. Seems very odd to me. I went duck hunting with that guy this fall and he didn' t even consider sharing the birds he shot. First day he shot some I didn' t - he didn' t offer to share. I would have split them, without thinking about it, but didn' t mention it ... second day we both shot a couple so it wasn' t really an issue. I just kept my mouth shut, but I probably won' t hunt with him again, especially since it was my boat and my dog retrieved the birds! I, and the people I' ve hunted with since I was a boy, have always split the take large game or small, even fish! The hunt, with any partners is always cooperative or random in one way or another in my opinion and it makes more sense to share. Who posts what spot, who takes which stand, etc. We all work together in one way or another -zeke
Old 11-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to ramble when I make posts. I am not pissed, just curious if others know of people who shoot a lot of deer and eat it.

One thing about my sisters family is if the dinner isn' t all eaten it goes to the family dog. That dog is eating good on deer day.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I was raised to believe that if I have no need for more deer meat then I shoot no more deer. I' m not the type of hunter to just shoot a deer because it' s in season. As far as sharing goes I have to agree. If we hunt together we eat together. We all put the same amount of effort into harvesting the animal no matter who tug it. 20 pounds of deer meat is not worth a lifetime of memories with good friends!

Quick Reply: Do you know anyone that hoards deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.