Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

away at college and hunting

Old 11-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default away at college and hunting

As of now I am going to a local college. Next fall I plan on going away to a different college thats 3 hours away. For you guys that were in college and were few hours away from the woods you hunt in did you come back every weekend to going hunting?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:01 AM

Default RE: away at college and hunting

I' m about 4.5 hours away from home. I go home about one weekend a month to hunt, otherwise I do some waterfowl hunting in ND. I' m really lucky because I have permission to bowhunt some private land, about 50 acres or so, about 25 minutes from campus. I would suggest looking for public or private land near school, that way you' ll get to hunt more.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:52 AM

As far as going home I tend to do it alot. I make the trip everyweekend that i can during deer and rabbit season. i love to hunt and i dont really know were to go up here and i dont really have alot of time. So I just wait for the weekend and head out on my 2 1/2 hour trip.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:09 PM

I am 3 DAYS from home. So I have no choice but to hunt here. The land is all public. My room mate and I hunt chucker, phesant, blue/ruffed grouse, duck, and dove. I also got a mulie. And we are going to apply for spring turkey.

But I am sick of not being able to hunt at home, so I am going to take next fall semester off and hunt every day.

college sux.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:09 PM

I' m a junior in college. I' m an hour and a half from home. However, I go to college in southwest Oklahoma. I just found myself some land to hunt here, about 15 minutes from my university! so I go about 2-3 times a week if I want.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:16 PM

Nope, haven' t been to college since the 70' s. If you are goiung to college now, you wouldn' t remember the 70' s except for That 70' s show on TV.

Anyway, I didn' t hunt game back them, only women and not with a gun.

Tomster
Old 11-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I came home a good bit when I first went away to school but I found some places real close to campus to hunt. Matter of fact I could walk out my dorm to my hunting spot, and managed to shoot a doe.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I could find a area to hunt close to campus. I dont want to have my hunting equipment down on campus. Plus I am to cheap to buy a hunting license. Its nice haveing your own woods that family owns and dont need a license. I just hope I dont get talked into just staying and drinking the whole weekend.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:18 PM

I went to college in West Virginia the late 70s. I didn' t hunt but I was friends with several staff members who did and could have gone hunting if I were a hunter back then. I was introduced to black powder at college, and hard to believe now, we actually shot our guns on campus, in a field next to the library.

Tom
Old 11-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m an hour and 5 min. from home. I' ve gone home every weekend since bow season started and I' ll probably go home every weekend till Christmas break to hunt. I' ve even skipped a few Friday classes so I could go home on Thursday night to hunt all day Friday!

Quick Reply: away at college and hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.