Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Has this ever happened to you? >

Has this ever happened to you?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has this ever happened to you?

Old 11-16-2003, 01:14 AM

Default Has this ever happened to you?

I was setting in my stand today and was there about 30 minutes. I noticed movement off to my left and saw a nice 8 point coming in. At about 60 yrds, he starts acting kinda funny. His walk gets all rigged and he starts swaying his head. To me it looked like a classic threat pose. So I start looking around and sure enough a beautiful 10 point is comning off the ridge to my right. This buck is about 45 yrds off. I set there and watched these two clash antlers. paw dirt. And thrash the crap out of everything around my stand for 30 minutes or more...I lost track. Several times they were within 20 yds of me. I set and watched this and totally forgot that I had my bow in my hands. After the whole yr of scouting and hoping for the shot, I set and watched these two disappear their seperate ways without ever drawing back the bow. You know what I aint sad about not getting in the shot at all. Wow, what a evening. This ever happen to anyone else?
Old 11-16-2003, 02:23 AM

Default RE: Has this ever happened to you?

sorry to say no, but WOW thats sure sounds awesome. truly cooll..
Old 11-16-2003, 03:46 AM

never had anything like that happen to me. sounds fun though,would loved to have watched something like that.it would have been great to have a camcorder.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:05 AM

I wish I had a camcorder too. That would have been something to show. But then again, with my luck I would have forgot to turn it on LOL.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I agree, the memory you got from this hunt is far greater than any thing else. It it a shame you didn' t have some type of cam. though.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:26 AM

I once saw two six pointers sparring,but what you saw had to be awesome.

Joe
Old 11-16-2003, 09:43 AM

It was a sunday 2-3 weeks ago, so I was creeping around in the woods.I' m watching deer eat off at a plot when my Girlfriend beeps me(NEXTEL).They all spook and take off.
The 6 and the 8 pointer went in the same direction for 20 yards then decide to have at it right then and there it was a nasty brawl and the 6 is now a 3.