Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your 2023 deer season

Old 09-23-2023, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Your 2023 deer season

Hey guys, how's your deer season going?

Today I set up in an older clear cut (public), half hour before sunset had 2 bucks @ 60 yards , they went away from me. One of the bucks was big. Im hoping they repeat the same route tomorrow afternoon. Good luck

Old 09-24-2023, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Ohio archery comes in next weekend. Not sure how much bow hunting I'll do this year.
Old 09-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Well I didn't see anything tonight
Old 09-28-2023, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope to get out sometime this season.... But as you know, I'm too busy sitting behind the wheel of a school bus, full of 54 screaming nasty little brats!

How I am able to put up with it - I have no idea. Perhaps I just tune it out and do my best to keep the bus on the road, safely taking the little hoodlums home.

God, please let me retire. Then, I will be able to make up for years on "hunting inactivity"....

Everyone: Go ahead and get your CDL, Class B with endorsements. Go ahead and drive a full size school bus full of "wonderful little darlings". I dare you!!
Old 09-29-2023, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Life's too short to be miserable!
Old 09-30-2023, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Was out today for the opening of archery season. Too darn warm. Nothing moving except squirrels. Bout 8:15 a nice big doe poped up and looked right at me. I just froze till she looked away and picked up my crossbow. I could see her shoulder, neck and brisket but I could not see the sweet spot behind the shoulder because it was behind a tree and I was not about to send an arrow into her shoulder and I don't take neck shots in archery season. She turned away and went a few steps into the brush and that was the last I saw her. Had it been rifle season she would have been on the ground. She was only 25 yards away according to my range finder, I ranged the distance to the tree after she left.. About 9:30 one of the neighbors decided to cut firewood and all I could hear was the chain saw so I hunt it up about 9:45. Oh well, it was the first day, lots of time yet.
Old 09-30-2023, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Plenty of season left ot. Good call on not taking a risky shot
Old 09-30-2023, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

And she'll be back. Doesn't sound like she's too worried
Old 09-30-2023, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, she was not alarmed at all. All part of the game, if it waas easy it wouldn't be fun.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Life's too short to be miserable!
I know... Tell me about it. You can't mention ANYTHING about hunting or firearms or... within today's public school system!
Even middle school kids today, have no idea what it's like going out with their dad, to an outdoor range and shoot an old Ruger 10/22.
They don't understand. To them it's viewed as wrong.
What happened?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.