Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best Youth Deer Rifle

Old 02-06-2023, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

Nomercy, I pretty much did the same as you with the twins. They both love their AR15's in 6.8spc. Dad started them out with our old .243 but they quickly grew into the AR world. They don't hunt in this state currently but they go to a few others with me. As far as that .410 goes, I still use one to hunt over my Beagle hounds. Whole lot less chance on dusting one of the dogs noses. Love my dogs, not to mention the cost and time training a new one if you make one gun shy and not wanting to hunt.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:18 AM
Spike

Struggling on what to get my 11 year old who is 70 lbs ringing wet, I've always shot a 30-06 so I'm all ears for advise on what to have him try for whitetails.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alex_sebh
My dad got me a 25-06 when I was a young teenager and I'm still using it to put down deer. Not as much kick as a 30-06 or 7mm but shoots flatter and packs enough of a punch to put down deer.

Excellent deer choice