Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ethical or not ethical

Old 08-26-2022, 05:16 AM
Spike

Question ethical or not ethical

Situation is as follows. I whitetail hunt a property of about 40 acres with 20 of the acres being just brush, I have created a food plot between the brush and the wooded area. To enter this property you have to park at the opposite end of the brush from the food plot and walk in crossing the food plot to get into the wooded area. I have been hunting this area for about 12 years now. I now have two other hunters that have moved in on this property with permission claiming that they didn't know I was hunting this property even though the followed my brush hogged trail through the brush and to the food plot where I have a ten foot tall hunting blind with cameras set up, which they seen. They indicated that they were going to hunt this wooded area away from the food plot so they set up there deer stands. To top this off they knew who I was and still intruded on this property and became angry when I told them I didn't think it was ethical for them to do this especially since they had to walk through my food plot to get to the area they hung there stands. The person that gave them permission did not know that I was still hunting this woods, because they have never checked on this area. WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE HUNTING ETHICS OF THIS SITUATION?
Old 08-26-2022, 05:23 AM
Spike

Bummer.
My spot i grew up hunting (really my uncle and my mom's BF's spot) got lost in Pennsylvania due to fracking. It was a legal things and it stuck.
If they knew you personally and knew you hunted there, then they talked themselves into not caring. and its more selfish or mean than not ethical.
i would ask the owner to not let them hunt now that he knows you still hunt there and have for years.

~c~
Old 08-26-2022, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those clowns are not even close to being ethical hunters. Taking advantage of your work and expense shows them to be scum, had they been ethical they would have gotten as far as they could from your food plot and stand. If I were you I would talk to the landowner and till them what these turds did. If that doesn't work revert to plan B that isn't so nice. Do it before the season opens!
Old 08-26-2022, 09:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Those clowns are not even close to being ethical hunters. Taking advantage of your work and expense shows them to be scum, had they been ethical they would have gotten as far as they could from your food plot and stand. If I were you I would talk to the landowner and till them what these turds did. If that doesn't work revert to plan B that isn't so nice. Do it before the season opens!
Oldtimr, It crossed my mind, but then I thought I can't do anything mean, cause I would be stooping down to their level of selfishness, but again it has crossed my mind to retaliate in some fashion.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

IF you retaliate it may make things even worse than what they are. Let the landowner decide for right now. You just may have to adjust to the new dynamics of the situation.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

This is the downside of not owning property unfortunately.

You can do everything the right way, and people can still set up and hunt right beside you if they want. If they have permission from the owner, they have as much right as you do to be on the property.

If you value the hunting spot, then I suggest taking steps to try to secure it for your future. Talk to the landowner and see what agreement you can find. Maybe it's you trading work or some other good for exclusive access to that piece of ground. Maybe it's a lease situation etc.
​​​​​​
what they did isn't right. But that you already knew that and there really isn't much you can do about it unfortunately.

-Jake
Old 08-27-2022, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default Much appreciated advice

I welcome your thoughts of we both have a right to be there we I have the right to set up anywhere on that property as he does and we might have to be close enough to whisper to one another and I gues he would have to just deal with it. Thank you for prompting this idea to me.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:23 AM
Spike

i think its more about having the owners permission. and if he didn't know you still hunted there he might change his mind about them hunting there cuz then the deer are over hunted maybe. PLus you know the heard and numbers about that more.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by TinkerTumbles
i think its more about having the owners permission. and if he didn't know you still hunted there he might change his mind about them hunting there cuz then the deer are over hunted maybe. PLus you know the heard and numbers about that more.
He heard about the HERD!

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-28-2022 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:56 AM
Spike

"herd' lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.