Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
best way to find a book a hunting guide >

best way to find a book a hunting guide

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best way to find a book a hunting guide

Old 11-17-2021, 06:41 AM
Spike

Default best way to find a book a hunting guide

I am curious to hear about peoples experience with booking a hunt with a guide. I would love to hear what peoples experiences were with finding a good guide.

Personally I had to search through tons of websites and ask around. Most the sites didn't tell the availability to I ended up getting denied by like 5 guides. Could you guys help with the best way to find a book a trip?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2021, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I typically don't do guided hunts, I prefer DIY style hunts
but I have HAD to use a guide a few times, by LAW/legal requirements of being a non resident or such!

IMO< the best way to HIRE a guide is to do LOTS and LOTS of research on them, there area's there past hunters, the local game warden and even local businesses they deal with!
the MORE research YOU do, the better the odds are you will have a good experience
NOT all guides are the same even nor are all outfitters the same\ even from YR to Yr, you really have to look at there HISTORY of being in the business's
DON"T Know where your from, but some of the largest sportsman shows, many times have LARGE amounts of outfitters at them where you can go and see them and talk to them first hand, that also helps you get a feel for them and there views/
but always keep in mind, there salesmen, trying to SELL you something, so take all with a grain of salt!
a LOT sell a lot of BS< and lies , to get your MONEY!

and LAST, what do you mean, you got ended up getting denied by like 5 guides<
what does this mean exactly!

I never heard of a GUIDE having the ability to DENY a hunter !
so please explain if you can! might help get you better info, or help someone else ?

Old 11-19-2021, 07:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
well I typically don't do guided hunts, I prefer DIY style hunts
but I have HAD to use a guide a few times, by LAW/legal requirements of being a non resident or such!

IMO< the best way to HIRE a guide is to do LOTS and LOTS of research on them, there area's there past hunters, the local game warden and even local businesses they deal with!
the MORE research YOU do, the better the odds are you will have a good experience
NOT all guides are the same even nor are all outfitters the same\ even from YR to Yr, you really have to look at there HISTORY of being in the business's
DON"T Know where your from, but some of the largest sportsman shows, many times have LARGE amounts of outfitters at them where you can go and see them and talk to them first hand, that also helps you get a feel for them and there views/
but always keep in mind, there salesmen, trying to SELL you something, so take all with a grain of salt!
a LOT sell a lot of BS< and lies , to get your MONEY!

and LAST, what do you mean, you got ended up getting denied by like 5 guides<
what does this mean exactly!

I never heard of a GUIDE having the ability to DENY a hunter !
so please explain if you can! might help get you better info, or help someone else ?
Well explained!! Appreciate your effort.