Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Edjumacated Guesses wanted...

Old 11-10-2003, 02:03 PM

Default Edjumacated Guesses wanted...

Ok, you trackers.....

any estimates on this guy... area... West Texas

We are new to the lease and are still really just scouting it out, we got a rain Sat morning and found these tracks around noon on Sat, just wanted to see what others thought about these prints.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Edjumacated Guesses wanted...

If it were up here, I would say 2 1/2 old buck.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:38 PM
New Sheriff

50 cents?
Old 11-10-2003, 02:41 PM

Those prints must be HUGE if you can see them in an aerial photo like that! WOW!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:22 PM

yeah... 50 cents... what' ll that buy you these days...

aerial?? what do you mean, we took them from a 12 ft tripod stand, my lease partner wanted to test out his new telephoto zoom camera... I will tell him to take it that back to wal-mart and try a different brand... [8D]
Old 11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It' s quite obvious that your looking at a buck that is approx 458 days old with 4 points on the right side, and 3 on the left side. He broke a brow tine while fighting a larger 5x5 3 days before. He has a water hole 1321 feet to the north-east that he frequents alot, and beds in a weedy patch 93 feet south-west from there. He also prefers does that don' t run away too fast, and likes midnight strolls to the local wheat field at night

I have to stop watching CSI
Old 11-10-2003, 03:41 PM

Awsome.... all that from an aerial photo of a footprint.... but you left off something important...

Where were the quarters used previously?

Old 11-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ROTFLMAO

I am going out on a limb here; I believe it is from a whitetail buck who maybe big or just in that ackward teenage years and hasn' t quite grown into his " hoofs" yet. Did you take any pictures of his droppings or better yet give them a good wiff..if so what did it smell like?
Old 11-10-2003, 03:49 PM

no pictures of the scat, but I did step in some, didn' t smell it, but it tasted like chicken.....

[:-]
Old 11-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can' t see them that well, but I am not even sure they are deer tracks. They seem kind of blocky to me. Were the toes really pointed, or rounded off. Could they be sheep or audad? Rounded toes would more likely be some type of sheep.

Quick Reply: Edjumacated Guesses wanted...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.