Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

MI Rut

Old 11-09-2003, 05:13 PM

Default MI Rut

Whats goin on with the rut? i live in the up and hunt in menominee county and i havent seen a scrape all year. bucks arent chasing does. i dont know whats goin on has anyone had these same experiences this year? or have all the bucks just left me?
Old 11-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MI Rut

I don' t know. I already used all my buck tags before the rut started Seriously though it should be full on right now.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:14 PM

Just got off the phone with a buddy who was up in Northern WI. Last week was the Zone T doe only season and he barely saw anything, no sign, nothing. He was up this weekend and he said they' re running around like crazy now and saw sign everywhere. Sound like things are just warming up.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:39 PM

from shining the other night, all we seen was does, not one buck chasing a doe, but i havent seen any bucks chasing does here just north of grand rapids
Old 11-09-2003, 08:02 PM
JWV

I have 23 acres in Monroe (S.E county ) about 8 mi east of Cabelas . The Rut is on here.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:21 PM

I spoke with the owner of a sporting goods store up in St. Helen and he told me that the peak of the rut should be starting up this week. I was out in the field last weekend but didn' t see any rubs or scrapes either. I did happen to stumble upon a ton of droppings so I set up a ground blind in the area. Hopefully, all those droppings come from a nice buck.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:52 PM

Ya my step dad went to camp today and saw a rub. the first one we have seen all year looks like there starting to get goin.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have only seen one scrape on my 42 acres near Moorestown, MI. I have not seen any rubs yet this year.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:57 PM

Ya finally looks like the rut is starting to get a move on. the weather is warmer and the bucks are starting to move