Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This was a surprise

Old 05-29-2021, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default This was a surprise

I was in one of the Walmarts in Amarillo this morning to get some fishing gear and noticed they had 6 boxes of Remington 30-30 shells. It has been a long, long time since I have seen any green and yellow boxes on the shelf. I gave serious thought to buying it all but despite having a 30-30 it isn't a round I shoot much and I don't hunt with it and I have several boxes of shells. So I left them on the shelf for someone else who I hope can use them.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good. Remington ammo is beginning to show up again.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

what was the price like on it I wonder?
as I have seen some being priced at crazy high amounts

but is good to know there is still some being found and hope more to come and lower prices again!

Old 05-30-2021, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mrbb
what was the price like on it I wonder?
as I have seen some being priced at crazy high amounts

but is good to know there is still some being found and hope more to come and lower prices again!
$17.97 a box. Walmart hasn't raised their prices, they just don't get much in stock. Like I said, I nearly bought it all and if I knew someone that shoots the 30-30 a lot I would have. But nobody in my circle does that. We all have 30-30s but don't really use them.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

That's a good price.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Every time I buy a rifle I also buy dies, bullets and powder for it. So I have enough 30-30 ammo for a while. I don't shoot mine much either but I did get a nice doe with my 94 last year. Nice that you left it. Our local stores have a limit of 2 boxes per visit of any ammo. As it should be to keep people from hoarding.