Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doe Ducked Arrow

Old 09-21-2020, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Doe Ducked Arrow

I have never been in this spot before but know it can happen. Shot a doe today at 32 yards and instead of hitting the boil maker, she ducked down about 5-6 inches and went high. It was the craziest thing I've seen. She almost did the matrix lol. No blood where I hit it, found arrow and it did make a complete pass. Mostly meat and hair on it. I just walked blindly looking for blood and finally find a little about 70 yards from where I hit her. It was more luck than skill on this tracking job I think. But maybe it was good skill just keeping at it. It's just nice to know a hit deer or really anything hit will usually go in 1 direction. That's pretty much what I did. Some blood was normal color and some spots were darker. After 300 yards of intermittent blood I finally ran out. It sucks, but part of hunting.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah it happens and things can go wrong, but I wouldn;t give up so fast, I would do grid searches and or try and find someone with a good tracking dog, odds are she is dead and not that far away
I always believe in going the extra mile to find anything I shoot, feel its only right to do so!
Old 09-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I did all that except for the dog. I don't know anyone with one. My brother just got a puppy. We will start training her shortly. With it being a Monday nobody was available to help. Then it rained later in the day so not even sure the blood will still be there.