Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Large Treestand Transportation >

Large Treestand Transportation

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Large Treestand Transportation

Old 08-13-2020, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Large Treestand Transportation

Looking for some ideas on best way to transport a large ladder stand into the woods using a Grizzly 660 ATV. I have to go up a significant hill to get to the spot and was wondering if anyone had some tips or tricks other than dragging it and damaging it.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a ATV to haul countless large ladder stands mostly put together and then even used ATV to hand the stand using pulley's

I also find it a LOT easier to carry in a ladder with me to check tree's out FIRST, before making all the effort to place a stand, as be surprised how many times what I THOUGHT was a good location/tree, ended up not being so good from the heights of ladder stands or loc on's, and I also found having a ladder makes life a LOT easier to hang stands period!

I would use a bar or wood to make a place to place ladder ion each front and rear rack, and then pl;ace ladder down using ratchet straps and then can place ladder stands on top, like driving a BIG RIG at times thru the woods, but I have found I can get things on PRIVATE LANDS I have access to, or own, doing this most times!, or sure beats carrying ALL the way!

plus I can also carry a lot of tools on atv as well, like pole saws, cordless tools and ??

this is what I have been doing for 20+ yrs shown with a small ladder and a smaller older 15 ft ladder stand I found on private land I took down, but have carried much larger stands and up to 4-5 at a time doing this

Attached Thumbnails Large Treestand Transportation-030.jpg   Large Treestand Transportation-030.jpg  
Old 08-13-2020, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry on double of same pic, for what ever reason won't let me add others?/

but think you can get the idea,,

another idea I had and always wondered why No OEM ever offered it
would be to add some wheels to the top of the stand like, sort of making the top part of the stand into like a deer cart, with some quick attach wheels held on with pin's, not sure would be able to two with a fully put together stand, but say top two sections and then just put rest of legs of ladder on at desired location,, this way, actually if on say state or federal land where stand lefts are illegal after season, you could carry them back out pretty easy and heck, IF made like a deer cart carrier, if you shot a deer you could use it to haul game out too!
cannot see adding some larger wheels to be that hard to do if your a little handy and creative!
Old 08-14-2020, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

I have strapped ladders to the ATV with the top on the back and dragging the bottom end fthe ladder. Turns some times are wide and slow, stop and lift and swing the ladder.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I once used my wheels from my deer cart at the end of the ladder and towed it behind the atv...

but usually just strap them to the atv...in pieces...

or a tow able cart....or hitch rack....

good luck.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually strap the top section to e bucket of my tractor. I keep the ladder separate until I’m on location then assemble.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:54 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I use a small pull behind trailer only as wide as my atv.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just moved a new ladder stand to location this morning. This was on my own property.
Attached Thumbnails Large Treestand Transportation-d085f5c3-6fc8-4378-acc5-92ee8bda85af.jpeg