Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Best spot to hunt on this location. >

Best spot to hunt on this location.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best spot to hunt on this location.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:41 PM
Spike

Default Best spot to hunt on this location.

I have only hunted this land for a day before, seeing pleanty of tracks through the corn fields. I still need some help finding the best location to find deer. I know it's difficult to find deer without scouting the area, but I'm wondering if there is a way to find a good location on this land. Where should I sit, I'm still new to hunting.

Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191021-192825.jpg  

Last edited by hardcastonly; 10-22-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be helpful if you could also provide a topographical version of this, from GoogleMaps, even.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

But no matter what you do, in a wide open area like that---and if you're hunting from the ground, especially---you want to make sure you're facing the wind.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by younggun308
But no matter what you do, in a wide open area like that---and if you're hunting from the ground, especially---you want to make sure you're facing the wind.
for sure, I have been keeping up on the wind.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Spike

It would be helpful if you could also provide a topographical version of this, from GoogleMaps, even.
This is the land here.
Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191021-212819_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Wrb00; 10-21-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Wrong photo
Old 10-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm honestly liking the NE portion of the topo map, where the finger ridge goes up in elevation (not sure how well it overlays with the satellite photo). With the road cutting off the bottom of the slope to the south, and not knowing how much traffic it gets, I would think deer move unmolested from the NE. With a creek down there, seems a potentially good deer highway for movement from off the property, before they ascend.

So I would favor the NE section of the field to start, then hope to scout the finger ridge ascending from the creek at some point for a future setup inside the woods.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Spike

I'm honestly liking the NE portion of the topo map, where the finger ridge goes up in elevation (not sure how well it overlays with the satellite photo). With the road cutting off the bottom of the slope to the south, and not knowing how much traffic it gets, I would think deer move unmolested from the NE. With a creek down there, seems a potentially good deer highway for movement from off the property, before they ascend.

So I would favor the NE section of the field to start, then hope to scout the finger ridge ascending from the creek at some point for a future setup inside the woods.
Sounds great. Thanks I'm pretty new so this has helped a lot! I have a question still I'm going to show you the perimeter of the place. Would it still work. The Orange filling is my boundary.
Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191021-221515.jpg  

Last edited by Wrb00; 10-21-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wrb00
Sounds great. Thanks I'm pretty new so this has helped a lot! I have a question still I'm going to show you the perimeter of the place. Would it still work. The Orange filling is my boundary.
this would be the map for the whole area.
Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191021-221813_chrome.jpg  
Old 10-22-2019, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Top of the ridge by the RR tracks???

Hunt furthest from the road where you park your car...and let other hunters spook the deer towards you.

Or find a scrape-line and hunt downwind of it??? Bucks usually check there scrape-lines at night, but they scent check there scrapes downwind of them at first --- Though I haven't had much success hunting a scrape-line.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wrb00, The only thing tripping me up is that I'm not sure how the property line and the topo overlap. As in, where's the field? Perhaps if you could do the orange overlay on it I could speak more definitively.

But I would still think that the NE corner of the field would be the likely entry point for a lot of deer that may even be bedded off the property.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.