Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Imagine my surprise...

Old 11-05-2003, 03:34 AM

Default Imagine my surprise...

Well yesterday I was on my was out the door to go hunting when I noticed 3 arrows where missing from my quiver [] Well this year I switched to carbons and sometimes they come loose in the quiver so I went hunting for them in the basement...Never to be found!

Here it turns out one of my sons and his buddy took the bow out for a walk when I was at work and decided to shoot at a steel door they found in the bush. Needless to say I was upset [:@] So there went my hunting trip to upset to hunt, 3 brand new arrows and 3 brand new thunderheads gone to crap...

Well I gave the kid a good chewin, I was wondering if anyone else has to shove everything up there butts or its missing? Or is it just me?

Sorry to vent... [:' (] I just had to get it out of my system.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Imagine my surprise...

i would of put my boot in that kids butt...........vent when ever you too, we' re here to listen, might not always give you sympathy, but we' ll listen
Old 11-05-2003, 04:02 AM

I know where you are coming from, only with me it is my wife I have to worry about. She is a CLEAN FREAK, if I lay something down for a few minutes she' ll go put it away and iI might not see it again for weeks. It' s kind of a blessing and a curse all in one, I mean the house stays spotless but it' s a little too much for me. I have broke her a little over 4 years, when we first got married at the end of the day she would take her shoes off and put them back in the box and in the closet, the same thing with her watch and jewelry. There has to be a place in this house just crammed full of my stuff....LOL
Old 11-05-2003, 04:10 AM

There has to be a place in this house just crammed full of my stuff....LOL
My wife was the same way in the earlier years, I found out where most of my stuff was crammed in the trash [] LOL Told her about that real quick... well you know what i mean [&:] She doesnt throw it away anymore she just says if you put it away you would know where it is... so off I go searching.

The kids is another matter usually when they get a hold of something it is trashed, hammered, a worthless peice of junk.

i would of put my boot in that kids butt
I really really thought about it.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

On the bright side maybe your son is showing an interest in the sport? Maybe it' s time for him to have his own bow.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Why three arrows did the first two not kill the door. lol I must admit when I was a young child I did things like this all the time. My dad used to say " boy you need a keeper" .
Old 11-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that' s your typical..." Boys will be boys" ....Unfortunately the timing couldn' t have been any worse....They say enerything comes in 3' s.....like your arrows.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was me when I was a kid!!! Of course I didn' t know how much stuff cost back then. That' s why young teenagers beat on their cars. After a few repair bills, they learn to be a little more gentle.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heck, steel door hunting is much more fun than is typically commented on. Just a few months ago I put a good one right through our back one....much to the dismay of my wife.....

If you need a few arrows then let me know and I will send a few up your way.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Butt whoopin time

Quick Reply: Imagine my surprise...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.