Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How Many Would Sign Up, And Show Up? >

How Many Would Sign Up, And Show Up?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: How many want the firearm contest back?
Yes I would sign up.
14.29%
No
64.29%
Yes I would sign up and show up
21.43%
I would sign up and disappear
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Would Sign Up, And Show Up?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Default How Many Would Sign Up, And Show Up?

IF there were another Firearm Deer Contest,
How many would sign up?
The Big Question Issssssss, how many would show up, and not dissapear?
It was stopped, because people turned the Firearm Deer Contest into a Big Joke.

Last edited by jrbsr; 06-12-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: not enaugh imformation.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

How was it turned into a joke?

I've enjoyed the various contests that we've had on the forum. And still enjoy the squirrel contest even though we only have a few members active in it.

i would show up and participate. I don't see these contests ever being what they once were though. There are too many other local options that people are using now instead of forums in my opinion. You can find a Facebook group for people from my county who hunt deer and it has nearly a thousand active members. That ability to connect locally has sent allot of people to these groups. I can ask a question and in minutes have twenty responses from local hunters in my area.

I've always enjoyed the contests here though.

-Jake
Old 06-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I wouldn't be interested in a contest. I didn't vote because there wasn't a vote question that pertained to me. I question phrasing the second question that way especially since it was apparently written by a mod.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 06-13-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I wouldn't be interested in a contest. I didn't vote because there wasn't a vote question that pertained to me. I question phrasing the second question that way especially since it was apparently written by a mod.
I agree with you,
and also feel the vote options are BAD
and some what rude on the second one!
I just have NO interest in a contest period!
, just due to the fact , I never hunt with a prize or fame or?? in mind.
I hunt for myself and never felt the need to try and one up anyone! I
contest many times bring out the gab in far too many folks IMO, not saying it would here, but anytime you add a prize, be it just fame or fortune, it seems to make some folks cheat lie, and or bash on others that didn't do as well or??
I personally prefer to just see folks post there own treads of there success if they wish, and or, in a tread that just shows , season success on a species or season!
but that's me,
to each there own!
Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree 100%! I have never liked contests pertaining to the biggest rack, or the highest numbers. Hunting should not be a competition between hunters. Hunting is pitting a hunter's skill against whatever they are hunting and there is no winner or looser because hunting it's self is the reward, not money or some other prize. I believe contests reduce hunting to which hunter is better than the next, which is nonsense because many times the end result it is pure luck. Can't we do just one thing that doesn't pit people against one another and just do it for the pure pleasure of doing it? This is not an attack on the OP, or his post, it is simply my opinion of so called hunting contests, which should be between hunter and prey and not hunter against hunter. BTW, there are very few people more competitive than I am, but hunting is an exception for me.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with the guys above. Only on one forum have I ever see a deer hunting contest ever go well and it is a highly moderated forum. I will say that a deer killing thread where all the kills are on one thread is always enjoyable, but only if all comments are not allowed. Only post your kill and a brief discription. We have indepth individual kill threads for comments and such.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

I remember contests with over 150 members active on them some over 200 I believe. And that was just for the firearms. Not including the archery contests.

fun times...

-Jake
Old 06-13-2019, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Boca, perhaps our members are maturing and realizing the competition is not between hunters but between hunters and prey, which is a good thing. The prize is the prey, not money or some hunting gadget. .
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

I think you nailed it OT.

We used to have hundreds of immature members here.

Good thing we've all matured.

-Jake
Old 06-14-2019, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

While I agree about the main competition being between hunter and prey I also like the camaraderie that comes with "contests". I would enter and enjoy the contacts made. Some I have made over the years from past contests I still stay in contact with and consider friends. The egging other teams on was all in fun as this was all free to enter. Now if this was a pay contest I probably would stay away from it as it is just too hard to monitor who may be stretching the tape a litlle (or a lot!).

Really the contest on this forum has always been about getting people actively engaged in making posts and telling stories about their hunts whether successful or not. A plus was there were several folks that came to this forum because of the contests. Several forums are still doing good and booming but I agree Jake that Facebook has made it easier to communicate and get answers when needed in short time. Still I prefer these "national" settings as I enjoy getting a more broad selection of answers and opportunities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.