Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Am I crazy?

Old 11-04-2003, 08:03 AM

Default Am I crazy?

Help, Am I crazy?? My son is only 3 1/2 months old, and I already ripped down my tree stand to make it bigger to accomodate 2 people in hopes that he is going to join his dad in the hunt.

2 weeks to go until the season opens in Wisconsin!!! I can' t wait. Keep the pics rolling of them big bucks.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Am I crazy?

LOL! No you are not crazy...just a happy dad. Are you going to get one of those slings to carry him into the woods with you on opening day!!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:45 AM

Not crazy at all. My son isn' t even born yet and I' ve already made hunting plans with him.

Can' t wait to see what he looks like wearing his camo pj' s.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, you' re not crazy. I would give him a few more years though. I started taking my son in the afternoons when he was four. Now he is 8 years old and you better believe that if dad' s going hunting Jr. is going to be right there with him. Muzzleloader starts this Saturday for us and that' s all I' ve heard him talking about for the last 3 weeks.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:50 PM

Not crazy at all.... I cant wait untill I can take my little boy hunting. When he does reach your sons age it will really only be an observation thing for him to expereice.

When he gets older I would then get him into the art of harvesting game!

Gald to hear you are sharing the woods with your boy...

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:00 PM

One of my favorite pictures of my son is when he was 1.5 years old with his camo outfit which said" Daddy' s little hunting buddy" on the bib. He lives with his mother who is anti-hunting(what the hell was I thinking) but I have benn taking him out with me every other weekend(when i have him)for small game and I already have it in the court agreement that I get him every year overnight for the 1st day of Pa. buckseason. As excited as I still get when I' m lucky enough to harvest a buck I can' t even imagine how great it will be when my little hunting buddy gets his first.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

Giving your children the experience of the outdoors will stay with them for a life time. My son is 4 an to get out of the house without him now takes an act of congress.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said " take your kids hunting or spend your time hunting for your kids"

Its a huge world out there with all kinds of wonders in it, for me its great to experience those wonders again for the first time.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sure don' t think you' re crazy. My son is due within 5 weeks. I' ve been making similar plans even before my wife and I found out she was pregnant. It' s hard to not look forward to such events.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:51 AM

Congrats on the little hunter to be JeramyK. Thanks for all of the words of encouragement. I can' t wait till the little buger is up beside me waitin. That is if Grandpa doesn' t steal him to sit by him...lol
Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, good for you. My son is 7 this year and this will be his third year spending a day with me at camp. What we' re doing is agreeing to try to stay in the stand a little longer each year. First year it was about 30 minutes. Last year it was a little over 2 hours! Next Tues he' s going to try to " beat his record" . The most important thing, in my opinion, is to let the kids decide when its time to go...if they dont remember it as being fun, it will spoil it for them. My boy likes going back to camp and throwing stuff in the fire more than anything else. I bought him a single shot .410 last year but I decided I got ahead of myself a little so I have not given it to him yet.

Quick Reply: Am I crazy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.