Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer >

Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Old 11-04-2003, 06:44 AM

Default RE: Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Kevin1,

I will let you know. I am a little nervous about using something new when it comes to hunting. I know the White Acorn scents work, but I guess we will see about the doe estrous.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:14 AM

I hunt in an oak woods and have had great sucess with the acorn scent wafers by HS. When I get to the woods spray down with the nuetrilizer. When I get to my stand I hang one acorn waffer on teh ground and I hang one in the stand.

I have not been scented since I started to do this nor have I seen any deer spooked by this.

One of the coolest hunts I had was last fall, I had 22 deer running around my stand at one time with deer in all directions and not a single deer scented or picked me out.

This fall I shot a doe at 10 yards and she had came from straight down wind. She got about 5 yards from my waffer and started licking her nose for a few seconds until she continued to my opening. That same night my dad was upwind of me with scent lock clothing on. We had a doe go between us who smelt him and huffed. She came by my stand nervously but never knew I wasthere.

Until I have a problem with this I will definaltey continue following this routine.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:27 PM

all i have ever read about the different " flavors" of scents is that they are there to appeal to buyers. Ive read that they all work about the same because all cover up the human scent which is the main objective of the cover scent. In other words deer may smell the fresh earth scent and wont be frightened cause it doesnt smell like a predator. Im gonna try H.S. Accorn for the first time this year. Ill let you know how it works.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:14 PM

Thanks guys for all your comments! I have another question for those of you that have mentioned waffers. How long does the scent last in one waffer? Are they just one time things or do you reapply scent to them? And as long as we are talking about scents I' ll mention this, I use STILL STEAMIN doe in estrous attractor and have had great success with it. The bucks i see usually come in grunting and the whole 9 yrds. I had a small buck come in a few days ago, sniff the air, and lay down 10 feet from where i had the wick out. Just wonderig if you all use this or some other attracter.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:16 PM

When you are done just put the waffer back in the container and it regenerates itself. I have had my White Acorn scented ones for about three years now and they smell just as strong as the day I bought them.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:25 PM

Thanks Cleetus,
I was hoping that was what you would say because buying them every few trips could get pricey!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

I used Scent Shield Fall Blend which is both a human odor eliminator and " earth" scent all in one. It' s worked well for me this year and I haven' t been winded by a deer all year.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:00 PM

I am not to sure about the dirt? Last year I used this sent and I did see deer but they never ventured into my fiering area. But, they never seemed spooked.

On the other hand in the past I have used white acorn and taken deer. Ironic?

Happy hunting
Old 11-05-2003, 06:11 AM

I use it all the time and have not been bust by the Earth scent. Smells like dirt....

Tomtser
Old 11-05-2003, 07:11 AM

I used the earth cover scent while hunting a ground blind last year and I had a doe within 6-8 feet behind me. If that scent spooked deer, she would have bolted.

Quick Reply: Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.