Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck rubs

Old 10-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Spike

Default Buck rubs

Understanding buck rubs. What they really tell us

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EckxJ-U5fT8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EckxJ-U5fT8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW --- Good vids...

I was a bit saddened when CSX Rairoad took down and removed all their RR telephone poles; which used to be a source for some amazing looking huge rubs.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Erno86
BTW --- Good vids...

I was a bit saddened when CSX Rairoad took down and removed all their RR telephone poles; which used to be a source for some amazing looking huge rubs.
LOL Thanks for watching
Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I once found a rub on a evergreen tree so large that I could not wrap my arm around. As stated above, no guaranteed indicator of deer size. However, it sure made my imagination run wild. I was upland hunting (birds and rabbits) and not able to deer hunt the property. Seen them on power poles too.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Spike

If only the trees could talk!
Old 10-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rogerstv
I once found a rub on a evergreen tree so large that I could not wrap my arm around. As stated above, no guaranteed indicator of deer size. However, it sure made my imagination run wild. I was upland hunting (birds and rabbits) and not able to deer hunt the property. Seen them on power poles too.
lol yeah itll get ya going. Usually huge rubs like that are a community rub. Multiple deer will often rub the same tree