Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many of you Sacrifice Deer Hunting for Family?? >

How many of you Sacrifice Deer Hunting for Family??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many of you Sacrifice Deer Hunting for Family??

Old 11-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default How many of you Sacrifice Deer Hunting for Family??

I just wanted to take a little poll here and see what the general consensus is of most deer hunters. Are we really as selfish as our wifes and girlfriends say we are, or are we caring about the family and will sacrifice a morning or day in the field to take care of the family business?

I love to hunt, and especially hunt deer, it is my passion. However, I have learned over time, mostly since having children, that there will always be tomorrow to sit in the deer stand, and if the family needs something then I will be there. Be it a saturday morning soccer game, a school function, one of the little tykes is sick, or the wife has to work the morning shift on the weekend. I have been sacrificing my saturday morning hunts to watch my 8 yr. old little girls soccer games, and I love it, then I hunt the afternoon, and it has been very rewarding for me personnaly.

I want to see how many of the rest of you feel that the family comes first, or the deer come first??
Old 11-01-2003, 07:32 PM

Default RE: How many of you Sacrifice Deer Hunting for Family??

Family 1st
Old 11-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I missed the opener for a Cub Scout Halloween Party. Finished setting it up today and had the party tonight. It went well and the smiles on the faces were worth what it cost. If you miss a day in your families life you can' t get it back ( there isn' t any mulligans in life).
Old 11-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Family 1st here. I miss the first week of rifle every year because of Thanksgiving with the family and my daughters birthday being on the same week.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Family 1st here. Especially with a pregnant wife at home.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:11 PM

family first,then deer hunting coon hunting etc.....

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:14 PM

definitely FAMILY first but I try to involve them somehow so they can go with me....
Old 11-02-2003, 01:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have only a wife.I' m selfish she encourages me to be selfish and go hunt , After 35 years she is glad to get rid of me. I often get lost for 12 hours in deer hunting season.I give her the keys to the lawn tractor and tell her to set up her errands when it is raining,or get the daughter to take her.Its hunting season and I aint stopping till the end of the season or I get the freezer full. So far this year I put in 161 hours in my stands. In the years past my moves to new homes were decided on hunting locations,my job was formed around my hunting. My vacation before I was retired were hunting.She went along for the ride. I hunted she shopped. I told my children dont schedule events in huntin season.My daughter made sure she scheduled her wedding after huntin season.My deer huntin schedule is the same for 3 months, up at 2:30 am in stand at 5 am and home by 6 Pm. eat supper and go to bed and start over the next day
Old 11-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sure do love my hunting! I give the wife the satisfaction of having me around on the days it' d be miserable to sit in a stand, like the especially windy or rainy days. (I don' t tell her that secret though)

All serious though, family always comes first. Because on the days that you can hunt, it' s nice to be able to come home and put your cold feet and hands on your wife.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I missed opening day because my daughter was selected and sang in regional choir yesterday. Enough said.

Quick Reply: How many of you Sacrifice Deer Hunting for Family??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.