Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This burns me ....

Old 01-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This burns me ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1055153569

This elk is 6 yrs. old and weighs approx. 850 to 900 lbs. Score of 378 as a 5 yr. old. Score is now approx. 425. Antler spread is approx. 5' from pt. to pt. and 5' high to top tip. The hunt includes guaranteed harvest, a guide, videotape of the hunt, and meals for the day. Local meat processing and taxidermist are available at the buyer's expense.Hunt to occur Jan./Feb. 2002 to receive trophy antlers. This private event will take place on a picturesque, isolated ranch where 400+ red deer and elk roam.

First of all, this is NOT HUNTING, this is killing a big animal that a game farm has. 400 acres could be hunting if the animals were wild, maybe, but this is a guaranteed kill. Its burns me when people confuse the two.

Secondly, and not nearly as important, does anyone else thing this bull looks to be in the 350-375 range - not 425 ??
Old 01-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-04-2002, 10:12 AM

Default RE: This burns me ....

Not hunting in my book. It is definetly for the rich, ignorant people who have a lack of caring for animals and are too lazy to get off their own butts to go get themselves a elk. I have been elk hunting once and managed to take a nice 5x5. I worked my A$$ off for it. I was REALLY lucky to get the tag considering I live in Pennsylvania and the tag was from Colorado. I was incredibly lucky to find a NICE bull. And it wasn't luck when I had to stalk the thing up and down mountains with my grandfather for probablly close to 5 hours. This is just a show of disrespect to real hunters likes us.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-04-2002, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Stealthy I am with you, that is disgusting, I have no problem with folks who may do a guided hunt occasionaly, but my God we may as well just start letting folks harvest their own cattle! Gauranteed harvest!!!! That is NOT hunting! I busted ny butt to wind up with a little 4 point, but I will tell you what, I earned him, I did not BUY him!

The Tazman
Old 01-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know guys, I understand, or think I do, a breeders mentality on an animal like this. hes getting past his prime, the guy probably has an up and coming young bull that he wants to breed to his cows, you gotta rotate your sire animals every few years to stregthen gene pool and herd - but THIS AINT HUNTING ! Its a kill, and someone will get some good meat out of it and a nice set of antlers that were farm raised, but IT AINT HUNTING ! Thats where my problem is with this, and the opening bid is <font color=red>$ 15,000 !!!!! </font id=red>
Old 01-04-2002, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

First I agree that if the ground is all open as in this pic, that isn't hunting in any sense of the work. And I don't really see why you'd need a &quot;guide&quot; at all.

BUTI also see no listing of the acreage involved. 400 is the number of animals on the &quot;ranch&quot; not the sizeof the place. If in fact this place has some good cover on most of it and is several thousand acres it becomes a whole differant deal. One would need to do more investigating to know for sure. But the way they make it sound, like a one day affair, makes it sound canned to me as well.

I don't fault the guy owning the game farm. He's out to support his familly just as we are. The problem lays with those willing to pay to shoot like this. Just imagine the lies that will be told about this bull for years to come. If they were required to color/stain the antlers these would never be sold to very many. What would be the point if the shooter couldn't brag about how he took a monster elk during a &quot;hunt&quot; of a life time?
Old 01-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Craig it would not matter if it was a 50,000 acre ranch, when they say this IS the animal you are GAURANTEED to HARVEST it is like shooting fish in a barrel. This is a total disgrace to the hunting world, there should be a law against calling this hunting. I wonder what folks would say if I started a rabbit ranch and for a fee you would be gauranteed to shoot Peter Cotton Tail! This kind of caca is what gives antis ammo.

The Tazman
Old 01-04-2002, 11:45 AM

I couldn't agree with you guys more. I use to maintain the Records Of Exotics web site. When I visited some of the ranches and found out how the animals were being shot, not hunted, I dropped the site as soon as I returned home. I did not shoot an animal on this trip and I'm glad I didn't. I knew some of these exotics were being taken fence but when I saw the owner of one walk up to within 10 yards of a Sika Deer I left. I'm now like you guys and think this hunting should be stopped. The free ranges in Texas in my book are different, the animals do not have a wire to stop them from getting away.

Edited by - Datbuck on 01/11/2002 13:18:47
Old 01-04-2002, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem I have with this is that it is listed as a hunt. It is not, in my opinion a hunt if it is guaranteed. I look at it this way, I purchase a beef on the hoof from a rancher. I am guaranteed that beef. I go out into the pasture and butcher it. It has nothing to do with hunting. They should list it for what it is. Basically you are buying a slaughter animal for $15000+.

BTW, I emailed the seller with my opinion. I encourage you all to do the same even if you have to get an ebay id to do so.

Edited by - frizzellr on 01/04/2002 13:01:56
Old 01-04-2002, 12:02 PM

How can they call that hunting. Someone should ask them about the fence. I'll bet they got one to keep the exotics in. We have places like that around here. Exotic animals fenced in. We call them ZOOS.

Quick Reply: This burns me ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.