Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Here's an idea for a blind.. (sorry,no pics) >

Here's an idea for a blind.. (sorry,no pics)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Here's an idea for a blind.. (sorry,no pics)

Old 12-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here's an idea for a blind.. (sorry,no pics)

Talking to a friend of mine who went to a friends farm. They'd stacked several old tractor tires on top of each other with a chair in the middle. Said it worked great--easy to climb over and get into, nigh well indestructible, and a good way to utilize several old tires.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

That would work fine. Set a couple posts and put a roof over it and stay out of the rain!

Any permanent object like that will work. The deer get used to it and it conceals movement.

-Jake
Old 12-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

They don't give those away free any more around here.

They charge you to get rid of 'em for you but they don't GIVE them away free.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

They charge you to get rid of 'em for you but they don't GIVE them away free.
I'm guessing the owners had them laying in the junk pile. I used to sell tires, and the farming folks often kept their old tires, if nothing else becausse they could just toss them in the trash pit out back rather than pay the disposal fee.

if somebody wanted to do this, I'm guessing a lot of farmers would let you have a few just for asking.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Primo mosquito breeding habitat. Be sure to drill weep holes in them thar tires.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
I'm guessing the owners had them laying in the junk pile. I used to sell tires, and the farming folks often kept their old tires, if nothing else becausse they could just toss them in the trash pit out back rather than pay the disposal fee.

if somebody wanted to do this, I'm guessing a lot of farmers would let you have a few just for asking.
They make good strawberry beds as well as sand boxes and hunting blinds.

I've got one blind I built out of just old tires. Just stack 'em up like bricks. I'll throw a little dirt in them once in a while but never worked at it hard enough to fill them up.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

One of the best hunting blinds I ever saw was an old Ford truck on a place a friend of mine had in his family. This was by Steamboat, CO and they had a small pond on the property that held water year round. There was a small hill about 70 yards front the pond and they took a backhoe to it and notched the hill enough to back the truck bed into it and filled the bed with dirt. Then they knocked out a hole on the driver side window and that was it. When the vegetation grew back all you could see was the cab of the truck and the game was used to seeing it. 2 guys could hunt the blind simply by opening the door and getting in the truck with the shooter on the drivers side. They took the steering wheel out of it and bolted a gun rest where it was. Shooting was done through the hole in the widshield.

This blind was waterproof and pretty much windproof as well. A lot of elk, bear and deer were shot from that old truck.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

A new twist to "road hunting". Ya gotta love it.

I had a nice blind once made out of round hay bails that were pulled together at the edge of a field. I sat between them with just my head visible and rattled up a nice 8 point out of it.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-25-2017 at 06:20 AM.