Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

poaching?

Old 11-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

They dont know for sure who called but only 4 houses have a view of where the deer was shot and I know they are friends with a couple of the other neighbors. In Indiana there are no restrictions as to distance from dwellings and minimum of a hunter orange hat on a hunter and all ground blinds have to have a 10x10 orange on all four sides during gun season. However he was not hunting from the blind and when I seen him walk down close to where the deer was he had no orange and no gun that I could see. The game warden told me made sure to make him aware of the orange requirement on the blind.
If I was the guy who was hunting there I would have at least talked to all the neighbors and let them know what I was doing. At least I would have known who he was and had an idea of what kind of guy he was. Heck as long as he was legal and if I knew him I would of went down and helped him get the deer back to his house.