Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Off to Canada....

Old 10-30-2003, 04:12 PM

Default Off to Canada....

Well fellas...my 1st Canada trip is comin up quick. I' m only going right over the border from International Falls to Emo Ontario(bout 6 hour drive), but dang am I pumped up!!!! I can hardly stand it. Anyone from around the area? Just wondering if the bucks are in full rut or how they are responding now. I know the bucks around here about a week or week and a half from the start of full rut, but I don' t know about up there. I would imagine that they are up and running by now. Did I mention I am pumped up?? LOL
Old 10-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Off to Canada....

Just out of curiosity are you are hunting with a guide aren' t you because I' m not sure how ontario works it but in most of canada eg:alberta, saskatchewan ,manitoba,british columbia you can' t just stroll over the border and hunt deer.You have to be guided by a licenced outfitter.I' m pretty sure ontario is no different.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:24 PM

Yes we are going through an outfitter.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Well then have a nice trip and good luck.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:48 PM

Hey, Stump!! I' m headed to Emo as well in about a week and yeah, I' m real pumped up. This is my 1st year to hunt. I' m in WI and have seen some small bucks and lots of does and fawns but not taken a shot yet. Where are you going in Emo? Might see you there!!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:38 AM

Good luck folks,, enjoy it! and get a big one!

P.S. alot of Ontario is open to non-res hunters without a guide. All you require is a hunting lic. Southern Ontario is a no-no for non-res,, its open to residents only(controlled hunter numbers), this includes archery.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Stumpy,
I will be up in Emo too! 8th-15. I am pumped man! Think theres enough woods up there for all of us.........lol...........dabow
Old 10-31-2003, 10:29 AM

Dang is Emo a hot spot or what? I didn' t know of this place until my buddy asked me to go. Season opens tomorrow, but we can' t leave until 2 or 3 tomorrow afternoon. We' ll be hunting Sun-Wed. Hopefully I' ll have some stories and some pics for you. Let me know how you two do also.

Stump
Old 10-31-2003, 11:15 AM

What outfitter are you using? The one we' re using only takes 8 hunters a year. Could it be the same place? We' re there from the 8th-15th. Good luck and shoot straight!!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:25 AM

Ok...I' ll give you the story. My buddy has been bear hunting up there for years now and has gotten to be good friends with the outfitter and outfitter' s kid. They only outfit for bear, so he is allowing us to come up there and stay for nothing. All we have to pay for is the tag, gas and food. The outfitter said that he' ll have the fireplace going in the cabin by the time we get up there Sat night. One hell of a guy if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Off to Canada....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.