Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is this a good spot?

Old 11-15-2017, 04:46 AM
Spike

Default is this a good spot?

its my first time hunting this year, and ive been trying to do some research on how to check a hunting area when "going in blind". anyways, i found this location, and was thinking this is where i would set up my blind. is this a good spot? i was trying to kind of use the water as a funnel, and set up in the small area of trees circled. (see pic attached)

i appreciate any information given.
Attached Thumbnails is this a good spot?-huntingpic.jpg  
Old 11-15-2017, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why don't you set up on the road in the evening with a good pair of binoculars or a spotting scope and watch were the deer are coming out. And keep in mind that the edge isn't always the best place. Many times deer will come out of their bedding areas and work their way down to feed but often times will hang back in the cover 100 yards or so until dark before coming out. Check for sign inside the woodline 50-100 yards for and evidence of this.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 AM
Spike

ok i see what your saying. unfortunately i dont have access a pair of binoculars. do you thing this would be a better spot as its more wooded? I know its hard to see but its not as open

(green land is public)
Attached Thumbnails is this a good spot?-hunting2.jpg  
Old 11-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Presuming they can cross those creeks are doing it to graze in the evening, I'd try to locate a crossing point,and set up down wind on the wooded side, maybe into the woods a bit as some of said.