Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My Son Got a 3-Beam Buck (pic) >

My Son Got a 3-Beam Buck (pic)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Son Got a 3-Beam Buck (pic)

Old 11-08-2017, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Son Got a 3-Beam Buck (pic)

He got this one in upstate PA. Check out the extra beam. Has it's one burr and everything. If you found that in the spring, you would think it was from a spike. You think this is genetic or pedicle injury?
Attached Thumbnails My Son Got a 3-Beam Buck (pic)-good-field-photo_resized.jpg  
Old 11-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would lean towards an injury to the pedicle. It would be interesting to see if the two are attached under the skin. It is an interesting trophy.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

It has been caped out and I'm picking up the rack this weekend. I'll be sure to take a look at that. We had a couple other 3-beamers running around in 2011 and 2012 but I never got more than a trail cam pic of them so I could't check out the top of their heads. I'll post back when I see more.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Inbred...maybe a deer that migrated from West Virginia...
Old 11-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Pretty interesting buck. Congrats to your son!
Old 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool. I helped a buddy pack out a buck from the hills of Western VA that had a 3rd antler. His was on the left side between the eye and the ear and was a spike that jutted straight out.

Here is a pronghorn I got in CO that had 3 horns. The 3rd one jutted out of the bridge of the nose.