Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting alone

Old 11-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SoloCamper
I use a game cart I bought on amazon. When I get back to my truck I rest the longer end of the deer cart on the tailgate and then slide the whole thing into the bed.
Great idea. I might have to try that.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only shoot deer on the uphill side of the road so it's an easy downhill drag.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

jeepkid, I try to get them to hop on up into the bed of my truck first then I shoot them. Got to have really smart, or stupid depending on how you look at it, deer for that though.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Spike

This looks like a neat idea.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/87748...inch-deer-drag
Old 11-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Spike

The area I hunt most is a 2-mile hike in. I take a came cart with me (haul my climber in with it) and stash it in the brush. I can haul stand and deer out with it.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Spike

Be careful. Slipped down a muddy creek bank and knocked myself out for about 20 seconds earlier this season lol!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

When I was hunting Michigans UP I carried a 10'x10' sheet of plastic sheeting. it made a handy dry spot to set when taking a break, or a wind break if you wanted to hunt one spot for the day. I also always carryed some cheap nylon cord. Get the deer down field dress it spread out my plastic sheet place deer on it and wrap it up tie to the neck and legs with the cordage. Use my pruneing saw to cut a handle for my drag rope tie on to the natlers and go. Most of thre time there was snow so you had to watch going down hills the deer didn't run you over.
It still would drag easy on wet or dry leaves.

. Al
Old 11-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ever heard of the "Missouri Snout Drag" ??

Unless it's a buck with decent sized antlers, cut a 1/2" diameter (green) sapling about 18" long. Shove the pointed end through the nose septum. Hand the bloody end to your buddy. And, pull. Legs and hair fold better when dragging the animal head first. Only had one doe in my lifetime that weighed too much to tear the septum. Only happened after hanging for a while. She was a corn fed Illinois fatty !!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

A four-wheeler. I would not hunt without it or my pick-up near.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Horses for courses...

Pack, drag, sled, cart, mule, horse, 4 wheeler, mini-truck, pick-up truck, broken down, whole, field dressed...

Any of it works, some better in different situations than others. Heck of a lot of work to break down a deer and frame pack it if you're only a hundred yards out your back door, but it's pretty stinking hard to drag game whole very far... However you're hunting, consider how you'll get it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.