Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

questions on renting my land.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Spike

Default questions on renting my land.

i am pondering the idea of renting about 200+/- acres of my land out. its about 100 acres of been 60 acres hay and then 40 acres timber. i have enclosed buddy blinds on the property as well as about 4 stands. i am curious if there is a price guide to go with on this or things hunters look for when looking to lease. like dates season etc. im in northest missouri if that matters thanks
Old 10-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

You could give hunting lease network a call.

What state? What county?
Old 10-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Spike

Honestly there are so many variables involved when it comes into leases, that it's almost one of those things were you'll have to test the waters in your area by calling around or doing a little Craigslist research too see what others in your area are going for with the same land structure. MN for instance, for say $2,000 cash I can head North and secure about 100-200 acres of really nice land for the area, with average bucks for the entire year, where as if I head to SE MN, people spend the same $2,000 on 30-40 acres because of the big buck potential, and how expensive the surrounding land is.

You'll have to be honest with yourself and your expectations when it comes too land. If you don't have "trophy" bucks, you won't get as much as if you have a proven history of holding and harvesting big bucks year in and year out.

Good luck on your search.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Spike

thanks guys got a couple trophies on the wall. one really nice one 16 with 12 in duel drop tynes. as well as current year pictures. we actually own 1400 acres and just looking to open up 200 acres to rent to start a fund for our child to always have extra cash. (she had a liver transplant at 3 months old) so we just didnt know where to even start and craigslist didnt come up with much. the county is macon missouri. town is atlanta missouri.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Spike

missionoutdoors.net we are actually in minnesota right now doing a check up with mayo clinic. surpisingly only saw about 5 driving from missouri border to minnesota