Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Goofiest Rut I Have Ever Seen In South East >

Goofiest Rut I Have Ever Seen In South East

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Goofiest Rut I Have Ever Seen In South East

Old 10-30-2003, 08:19 AM

Default Goofiest Rut I Have Ever Seen In South East

I hear stories about people seeing alot of deer but not much rutting activity, but talking to the neighbor where you hunt and they saw a big buck chasing a doe, we all know how it is. Well i killed me second buck last night and it was with a 40-50 lb yearling and was grunting to beat the band. I have seen more bucks this year than in a long time, but the least amount of chasing. These good bucks are showing themselves and the rut i dont think is in full swing anywhere around Morgan county. I have also been told there are 3 deer already turned in in Georgias GON contest that will make the book. Early in the year big bucks getting shot and the rut hasnt started. They have killed more B&C deer this year in Ga. than all last year combined. The weather has been warm for the most part also, strange year or is it just me. Let me know what you think, Good Huntn

Old 10-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Goofiest Rut I Have Ever Seen In South East

I don' t know about the goofiest rut, but definately the goofiest weather I have ever seen. We haven' t even had a frost and this weekends high temp' s are expected to be in the low 80' s. That' s goofy!!!

BTW, how big was that second buck?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:52 AM

We have him grossed in the 140' s, first deer i have killed with a drop tine
Old 10-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend from nextdoor in AL thinks the rut will be late this year, maybe peaking in Feb. He says it' s because the full moon will be early in Jan (Jan 7th). Hopefully it' s not too late. I' m hoping to get a buck. Does are fine eating, but I kinda want some horns to go with a full freezer.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:28 AM

I thought it was supposed to be cold during deer season
Old 10-31-2003, 07:54 AM

here in north ms.,the rut starts the first week in dec.during the muzzleloader season and will go into jan. i have heard that weather has nothing to do with the rut.it happens each year at about the same time in the same geograghical areas.the age of the does when bred would cause fawns to be dropped later thus extending the rut and the buck to doe ratio would dictate how much rutting activity you would see.i am not a biologist,but i have stayed in a holiday inn.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2003, 10:42 AM

logging roads always seem to have alot of sign on them and the deer do use them alot, not a bad place to start the season good luck,let me know if i can help anymore
Old 11-04-2003, 07:24 AM

Hang on boys...the rut has been slowed down by all this hot weather but when it cools off things will get going fast. Ive seen this situation before.

Old 11-04-2003, 06:59 PM

Boy I wish the GA DNR woudl get the message, and extend hunting season on into January.

Quick Reply: Goofiest Rut I Have Ever Seen In South East

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.