Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Taxi Guys

Old 06-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never mind, obviously you know more than a lot of more experienced people who have dealt with taxidermists a whole lot longer than you do and know a whole lot more than you on what it takes to mount a specimen the right way and how a taxidermist should run his business. For several years I was one of the people who rant the testing program for people who wanted to be taxidermists in my state so I know a little something about the difference between good , mediocre and terrible taxidermists. There are a lot more of the last two categories than the first. Did you just post on this site to whine or to learn something? The members here have taken the time to give you the correct information and you chose to ignore it. I feel sorry for any taxidermist you use. I am guessing you did not go to the taxidermy thread and talk to the taxidermists that post there. You will not get instant gratification from any reputable taxidermist.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer Uber.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Spike

So in your mind, it's ok that any taxi has work piled 2-3 years deep, and will never never catch up.

Any every hunter should wait 2-3 years to get back a mount, when he probably forgot about the details of the hunt.

Obviously I don't run my business like that.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good taxidermist can get a good wait list going because there is a demand for their work. Your demand for quick turn around is also pretty unreasonable.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

This will be my last last in response to you because I have wasted enough of my time . No one ever said three years and if you forget the hunt while waiting for your mount to come back you have a serious memory problem to go along with no patience. I remember hunts from 30 years ago and I don't have a mount on the wall to remind me of it. You are not looking for information, you are looking for sympathy and for someone to support your need for instant satisfaction. Don't presume to know how a taxidermy business is or should be run because you don't have a clue and you do not comprehend what you have been told by very experienced hunters.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

How do you guys know how much experience a hunter has?? Did I miss filling out a questionnaire when I joined the forum ?
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like there are two members on this thread that need to grow up and get a life because they are showing they are more at the infantile stage than adults! For your information boys just the time a taxidermist has to wait when he sends the hide out to a company for tanning and gets it back to start mounting it may take three or four months! Then there are a tremendous amount of steps that it takes and the mount is not worked on every day, but rather with other mounts that are at the same step in the process. If the two of you aren't happy and want a crappy job for little cost let me know and I'll do them for you and have them back to you in three months. Just be aware that the hide will fall off within six months if the bugs don't eat it up first, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-08-2017 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I've often found it takes between 8 and 11 months to get a mount back, with 9 being pretty typical. Just be patient, you'll get them eventually.