Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whitetail deer Hunting Thread ??? >

Whitetail deer Hunting Thread ???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail deer Hunting Thread ???

Old 05-18-2017, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default Whitetail deer Hunting Thread ???

I guess I am just plain getting old and out of touch---The headline here says Whitetail deer Hunting Thread---Why do I mainly see Electronics ???????????? Have the snow flakes taken over ? Have the younger generations turned to playing hunting with all their electronics ? Guess I am happy to be a dinosaur---I dont want the new Whitetail Deer Hunting !
Old 05-18-2017, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Define what you mean by "electronics" as it pertains to this site. Do you mean all the advertisements?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see what you're talking about, now. All the spam posts by fake accounts. I'm sure the moderators will clear those up, soon.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are done by what we call Spammers and it keeps the MODs busy deleting/banning them when they show up!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

We do our best to keep up with them. I usually zap 4-6 a night. And CI and others get that many more in the mornings. If a mod doesn't log on and get rid of them, they stay up unil we do. We do our best to keep up with them, but none of us live on the site and sometimes it takes us a while to get to them. It's a constant problem and we're always looking for ways to eliminate it. But the spammers get paid to spam so they can be tough to keep up with.
-Jake
Old 05-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

I like this site but i seldom go to the deer hunting section because of this stuff.
This is the very worse site for this stuff and i can't figure out why that would be ?
I go to at lest 8 other sites and this is the only one with this problem so i have faded away from here after 20 plus years of hanging around !
Old 05-20-2017, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

I understand that it might be annoying... but why would it keep your from a good website? If it's an electronic spam post, don't click on it. So you have to scroll past 6 threads to get to the on topic threads. It's not the end of the world. It is annoying. I get that. Not enough to keep me from coming to the page though. I believe I erased four threads tonight. We try to keep up as best we can.
-Jake
Old 05-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Like mounting man said other sites doesn't have the problem. Seems to me it is a laxness of the admidstrators to add a feature that would stop the spammers in their tracks. I feel it also puts the mods thru stuff they should not have to and things slip by them while they are cleaning the spam post off.

Figure we already scroll pass all the sticky post then have to scroll past a bunch of spam post too, or at least sort out the good from the junk.

Like I said it could be fixed at sign up, like other sites have.
I also don't consider this the best site either.

Al
Old 05-20-2017, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

If a few spam posts bother you guys that much you must be a bunch of weenies, LOL! I just hit the alert on them and keep on going to what I want to read or post on and I'd suggest you do the same and don't worry about things you can't do anything about!
Old 05-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

We mods have asked Admin to implement some sort of anti spam software but thus far we are stuck with dealing with them. I delete and ban at least 2 to 12 every morning..many as they sign on and the thread never gets posted. I suspect many are posted by spambots so there must be software to reduce that. All good things take time is my motto. Have patience we will eventually get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.