Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RUT IN THE SOUTH EAST

Old 10-27-2003, 07:28 AM

Default RUT IN THE SOUTH EAST

Bucks here in somewhat north east Georgia are starting to act like they have a little lead in there pencils. Found 8 new horned trees near one stand and 5 new horned trees near another stand. Found only l scrape on the ground, and the weather just doesnt want to cooperate. Cant get that nice cold front to really get the deer fired up. The weather man dang shure doesnt know what is going on either, lets hear comments about other parts of the hunting world on whats going on in your woods, and always good huntn.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RUT IN THE SOUTH EAST

I' ve found one scrape so far and that was yesterday. I did see a young buck chasing a doe but that don' t mean much. The weather just sucks for rut activity here in tennesssee.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

The weather is a little warm in GA for the hunting, but the rut seems to be picking up. First buck of the year shot on the club this weekend, an 8 pointer (102" ). I found about a dozen fresh scrapes in various locations and some horned bushes as well. No chasing going on yet, but it' s coming. Now, if we could just get that cold front in here. We haven' t even had a frost yet and it doesn' t look like it going to happen this week either.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:16 PM

Well time for my first post.. I' m in SC and the does are being harrased on a daily basis, or should I say nightly. Scrapes are really being used, but like most other places the cold weather aint here. Once it comes in it should be wide open. The rut has definitely started here just not in full yet. I have been saying all year that everything seems to be running about a month behind, whether it be the Stripers, deer, etc. I attribute it to the weather, which by the way seems to be about a month behind too.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mirroman, welcome to the board.
I' ll be hunting and camping 3 days this weekend and all next week. Surely, I' ll find a horny buck somewhere.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:18 PM

down here in SE alabama.. the rut doesnt really kick in till January
Old 10-27-2003, 05:03 PM

i have seen little rut movement around here in tennessee.found one rub and that is it.the deer around here are feedin heavinly on acorns wright now. but coming mid november expect for it to pick up.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Spike

My first post also, the deer in eastern North Carolina are starting to open up alot of scrapes and make some rubs as well. Its been hard to pattern the deer because hurricane isabel unloaded all of our acorns early. This and warm weather has kept deer travel to a minimum.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:31 PM

Not seeing much buck sign buck sign here in forsyth county just a few hearted rubs and no scrapes bucks still in groups on food. I killed a decent 8-point second week of bow season now hunting 12-point that the farmer that lets us hunt his farm has been seeing. He came by this morning to rub it in that he saw him jump the fence this morning with another nice 8-point right where I hunted sunday.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:47 PM

I hunt in middle ga and think they' re right on the edge of rutting. I think about 1 and a half to 2 more weeks it will be in. Just need that cold snap to get to move during daylight.

Quick Reply: RUT IN THE SOUTH EAST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.